Neuropathy, dizziness, fatigue, chest pain: what problem does this sound like?
Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis
I've been going nuts looking for a diagnosis the last few months and wanted to see if you all could offer any feedback.
* Neuropathy (widespread itching at times, burning/tingling/prickly feet, legs, hands, and arms at other times)
* Dizziness nearly all the time
* Intermittent chest pain (dull, aching, tightness, usually in the middle or left side)
* Unusual fatigue (sleeping a lot and hard to get up in the morning)
The chest pain has been around for nearly half a year, the dizziness and fatigue have been around for maybe 3 months, and the neuropathy is the newest symptom. Its onset was sudden and came on over the course of several days. Sometimes I don't feel it at all, sometimes it's itching (without any rash), sometimes it's burning/itching/tingling, and sometimes it feels like my calves are sore. The feelings manifest bilaterally.
KNOWN HEALTH ISSUES
* Sinusitis for several months
* Moderate-severe deviated septum
* Deficient in serological vitamin D (15ng/mL) and in the low end of the "normal" range for serological vitamin B12
CONDITIONS RULED OUT
* Multiple sclerosis (brain MRI was clean)
* Neck disc compression (cervical spine MRI only showed minor arthritis and neuroforaminal stenosis)
* General inflammation (blood sedimentation rate was normal)
* Thyroiditis (thyroid blood tests were normal)
* Blood clot (negative d-dimer screen)
* Lung problem (negative chest x-ray)
* Heart problem (normal C-reactive protein levels, normal EKG)
* Kidney disease (normal kft)
* Mercury toxicity (heavy metal toxicology report was normal)
* HIV (negative blood test)
* Acid reflux (Prilosec did not help)
* Hepatitis (complete blood panel was normal)
* Leukemia (no anemia detected in blood panel)
* Lymphoma (no noticeable lymph node swelling)
* Diabetes (rbs normal)
I have been taking oral vitamin D and B12 supplements. . But in the meantime, are there other disorders that haven't been ruled out that I should look into? I'm not sure what could cause my symptoms to be severe at times and non-existent during other stretches. Any suggestions are welcome as I'm getting pretty frustrated with having neither an answer nor relief. Thanks in advance!