Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

SO glad I found this-EVERY bone or muscle in my body aches and I am scared

Posted In: Medical Stories 17 Replies
  • Posted By: somanydishes
  • January 21, 2007
  • 03:02 AM

Please give me advice. All of my muscles hurt and I ache all over and my husband rubs my back and arms all over with only minimal ease to this incredible pain! What is wrong with me?? I had tests done for rueumatoid arthritis and test came back all normal--but I hurt so bad!! I am 44 years old--does any one have any advice?? PLEASE HELP! Thank You in advance for your support!! Gigi Anderson

Reply Flag this Discussion

17 Replies:

• Do you have any other symptoms? Are you tired all the time, etc?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 21, 2007
    • 05:55 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Please let me know if you find out anything. I am 43 and have the same problem. I feel as if a truck ran over me and have not done anything. I ache all the time. I too had the RA tests done and they were negative. I am worried, scaird and annoyed by this and it tries me out so.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 5, 2007
    • 02:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • have you compaired your simptoms to those of - Central Pain
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 5, 2007
    • 05:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I 2 live with muscle, joint & bone pain every second of every day. I was told 2 take vitamins by my doctor. Unless someone has this pain all the time they just don't understand. Have gone 2 rehab, muscle relaxants & advil. Absolutley nothing has worked yet. Any advice would help
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 6, 2007
    • 00:06 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have muscle aches all over my body as well but is due to infection in my kidneys. It could also be a sign of immune system defencies and unless your doctor actually puts down for certain tests done on your blood tests you won't know. You would feel fatigued, aches all over your body and even maybe muscle stiffness. Tell your doctor you want a whole panel of tests run. Good luck, I hope I can get some help with my question here soon.~Natalie
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 7, 2007
    • 11:43 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Get tested for Lyme disease - not from a regular doc with regular tests as those tests are pretty inaccurate. Fins a lyme literate doc that uses Bowen labs. Lyme loves the joints, heart and nervous system. I have personally seen some patients with Lyme that had symptoms like yours.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 00:10 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Do you have any other symptoms? Are you tired all the time, etc?i have on and off body ackes it is realeated to
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 16, 2007
    • 06:07 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Will you follow this doc's advice ?And most of you feel a LOT better ? Access www.sunlightsaunas.com and see if you can find a dealer near your area. This is NOT to buy, it is to try. They have far-infrared saunas.The far infrareds are lower in heat but the heat gets in deeper and helps your body detoxify. Chronic pain pateints are full of junk that their bodies are supposed to get rid of on a regular basis but at this time your body cannot do it. When it is done, many people show major improvement. I do computerized body stress assessment where we also have the far infrareds. Those with severe cases of fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, arthritis and more have shown good to great progress. This past week two clients have said their abilities to do physical work - shovel snow, feed horses, fix fences, etc have increased greatly and they both were in horrible shape before. And after I have mine, I feel like I have just had the best massage in the world - and I have had about fifty different people massage me in the last 25 years and am an MT myself. Am I being too positive here ? Ya don't know - or in this case feel - until you try.Lets actually have a survey - everyone go do it 3 to 10 times and report back how much different you feel. Doc's orders !
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 02:38 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I would look towards a Chinese Medical diagnosis for you. There are many questions they would ask you that SEEM unrelated --but they are very important in this type of Medicine. Whenever there is muscle pain, we look at the SPLEEN because the SPLEEN is IN CHARGE OF ALL MUSCLEs in the body!!! It is also key in utilizing all nutrients that you eat and T & T function (transport and transform of food and drink). Also, the KIDNEY is IN CHARGE of BONE (and hearing). Kidneys deal with CONSTITUTIONAL issues and hold VITAL LIFE ESSENCE. This wanes as we age and the KIDNEY FUNCTIONS (bone strength, hearing and Life Essence for men and women) are usually the first to show signs of "aging" and "deficiency". We would ask to see your tongue (it shows all the vital organs condition) and would take your pulses (again, this gages how well the vital organs are functioning). You would be asked about your urination, defecation, sleep patterns, diet, any sweating (night sweating particularily) and many other questions to help establish your "pattern" and see what is at the ROOT of what's going on with you. A SPLEEN AND KIDNEY DISHARMONY IS possibly Part of the diagnosis (need more information though) for the rest of it!!!;) Do you get PALPITATIONS? Is your tongue PALE, SWOLLEN, ANY TOOTHMARKS ON THE SIDE OF IT? Try and find an Acupuncturist to go to and you may be amazed at what they can "find". Chinese Medicine is very strong when it comes to pain issues and "degenerative/deficient conditions. It can help you by BUILDING VITAL QI, blood, and body fluids, and sometimes, that's all that needs to be done! Chinese Herbs work wonderfully for deficiency and Essence "conditions". Also, try MAGNESIUM (2:3 ratio w/ Calcium) for achiness. When the muscles HAVE SUFFICIENT MAGNESIUM, they don't ache. Lots of water too, flush out any toxins that your body may be holding on to (lactic acids, hormones, etc) The MAGNESIUM/CALCIUM has helped many of my masssage patients over the years. ME TOO!:D I learned about the benifits of MAgnesium years ago when I was lifting weights. BIG DIFFERENCE. It helped my FIBROMYALGIA alot too. Best wishes~~remeber: HEALTHY IS YOUR NATURAL STATE!!!:rolleyes:
    1111healer 106 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 03:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My doctor diagnosed me with "undefined" autoimmune illness because I have exactly those symptoms. I am taking hydroxychloroquine (just started so no results yet). I think she thinks it's rheumatoid arthritis which can take a while to show up in your blood and may not show up at all. I had an MRI of my most painful shoulder which showed inflammation of the synovial fluid?membrane? which is a fairly typical autoimmune reaction. It also showed that my tendon was torn due to lack of blood (probably) from the swollen shoulder joint. Good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 20, 2007
    • 02:56 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I agree with 1111Healer. Acupuncture can really help get you back in balance. Please give this form of medicine a try. You should still get western diagnostics, but in my opinion Chinese medicinals work better for autoimmune diseases than western pharmaceuticals. To find a practitioner near you please visit www.acufinder.com It is a great resource and gives you lots of info on this traditional form of medicine. Best wishes,DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 20, 2007
    • 03:37 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• try 2000 mg of vitamin D and calciumI take 2 natures way flex 50 tooand a multi vitaminyou may need to be in a warm climate?have you had a bone density test?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 15, 2009
    • 06:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Look into a condition called fibromyalgia im not saying thats it but its possible. I hope you get pain relief soon.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 16, 2009
    • 08:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Please give me advice. All of my muscles hurt and I ache all over and my husband rubs my back and arms all over with only minimal ease to this incredible pain! What is wrong with me?? I had tests done for rueumatoid arthritis and test came back all normal--but I hurt so bad!! I am 44 years old--does any one have any advice?? PLEASE HELP! Thank You in advance for your support!! Gigi Anderson Hi Gigi, Generally such symptoms are not 100% isolated. I had a lot of other symtpoms but woke up one morning with the ones you mention. They lasted 16 years. It turned out to be a very specific form of vitamin b12 deficiency. Look at the symptoms list at http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=62327and then come over to http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=9948&page=1000 to discuss. If it is that one specific form of the vitamin it can be gone in a couple of weeks of the correct treatment. Jusat buying any old b12 won't work. The odds are 10,000 to 1 against you. Take the time to learn what will work if that is the cause.
    Freddd 3,576 Replies
    • August 17, 2009
    • 05:50 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Try and find an Acupuncturist to go to and you may be amazed at what they can "find". Chinese Medicine is very strong when it comes to pain issues and "degenerative/deficient conditions. :rolleyes:I too live with chronic pain on a daily basis and have been living with it for over 25 years. I never had a diagnosis except for depression combined with severe pms for many years, then in about "94", a Dr. mentioned to me that I was a likely candidate for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I only got worse. Then I had my daughter in 2001 and after she was born I became so bad that for a few years I could barely walk. I went through every test, from RA to lyme disease and I was eventually diagnosed with Fybromyaglia. I've learned much since then about ways to ease this pain. I've never been able to fully relieve myself of it, but it seems that a hodgepodge of treatments can help. Chinese medicine is one that I can say is something worth trying, and giving a good chance. Acupuncture is great. Chiroprators, a good one that believes in fybromyalgia, that is. Taking the right kind of vitamins and eating the right foods. Going to a natural medicine dr. is also good, to find out if you are allergic to any foods, stay away from flour, sugar. I use stevia instead of sugar. Exercise is so important, Swimming is the best for us! We must continue to use our muscles, I learned that so well. For years I did not hardly get out of bed and I just got worse. Once I got active I started to feel better, there is still pain, but it is more managable and you just feel better emotionally if you are out there doing something for yourself. Even now, I have my bad days where I give in to it and stay in bed for a few days at a time and I really pay for it. The worst thing I feel about having this condition is that the insurance companies wont recognize it and cover treatments to help and it is costly to get massages, acupunture, chiropractic care, ect. So, I only have what I can do for myself at this time and it is not easy at times! So, I share your pain and I share your frustration, and your anger. I know I have a lot of frustration and anger because they have no cure for us and most Dr's just shrug us off anyway. People around us dont believe it and think it is in our heads. At least that is how it is for me. My husband divorced me because of it. Family does not call me anymore, they think I use it as an excuse, if only they knew! Only we know what it is really like to live like this day in an day out! So give each other a pat on the back and hang in there, and if you have the means to get the different treatments, by all means do all you can for yourself because it is the only way to beat it!!!! And. last, research it, learn all you can!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 6, 2009
    • 11:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Just found this web-site. It all sounds too familiar. Exercise for me seems to provide the most therapy. Recently i did not exercise for 2 weeks and the level of pain has increased significantly. I do take 2000 iu's of vitamin d every day. Plan to try the suggested magnesium. Thought for sure i must have arthritis as i had a grandparent that had it. Saw a rhuematologist for a year before he ruled arthritis out. Also, recently received Reclast for osteoporosis by infusion. Was told a side affect could be flu-like body aches. OMG! They were not kidding. Will never go through that again. Was just like the aches i have chronically times 5. I would truly like to figure this out as it has put a significant strain on my life. Am going to look into some of the info offered in this sight and get back. Thanks.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • i have more problem. i.e back bone problem. all body problem. temprature problem last 4-5 years
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement