Discussions By Condition: Mouth conditions

Sudden outburst of canker sores and white bumps on tongue

Posted In: Mouth conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 10, 2009
  • 06:04 AM

A couple of days ago I woke up to find 3 new canker sores, one located on the inside of my upper lip, another near my gum and another on the inside of my lower lip.

Also, the sides of my mouth seem a lot more susceptible to cuts as I have to two cuts on either side of my mouth from, I guess, from biting the insides of my cheeks uninentionally.

If that wasn't painful enough, I also have numerous small white bumps located near the tip of my tongue which also hurt really badly. Sort of like my tongue is cut.

I had a mucocele removed a few months ago if that means anything and I also do not have braces or retainers.

Any help with what this is, if this is serious or how to prevent this from happening again would be much appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• A couple of days ago I woke up to find 3 new canker sores, one located on the inside of my upper lip, another near my gum and another on the inside of my lower lip.Also, the sides of my mouth seem a lot more susceptible to cuts as I have to two cuts on either side of my mouth from, I guess, from biting the insides of my cheeks uninentionally. If that wasn't painful enough, I also have numerous small white bumps located near the tip of my tongue which also hurt really badly. Sort of like my tongue is cut.I had a mucocele removed a few months ago if that means anything and I also do not have braces or retainers.Any help with what this is, if this is serious or how to prevent this from happening again would be much appreciated.There is an amino acid called "Lysine" which you can pick up from your HealthFood store (about $10) which can clear up the cold sores almost over-night. If you have undergone a streeful event or have eaten nuts recently both these can lead to sores in the mouth. If you are biting the insides of your cheek, it sounds like you have a TMJ problem, more specifically, your upper & lower jaws are misaligned and miss occassionally. Learn to live with that since the only way to a true fix is through surgery which may or may not fix the problem & may make things worse.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 4, 2009
    • 03:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • There is an amino acid called "Lysine" which you can pick up from your HealthFood store (about $10) which can clear up the cold sores almost over-night. If you have undergone a streeful event or have eaten nuts recently both these can lead to sores in the mouth. If you are biting the insides of your cheek, it sounds like you have a TMJ problem, more specifically, your upper & lower jaws are misaligned and miss occassionally. Learn to live with that since the only way to a true fix is through surgery which may or may not fix the problem & may make things worse.I've had canker sores since I was 10 years old.. at times I used to get 7-10 at a time in my mouth. My tongue was badly scarred and my friends and family would wonder why I would be talkative for a few weeks then completely silent for the next few. For me it was hereditary and I felt as if nothing worked in order to cure it.. until I turned 20 and my mom read about a new study on Vitamin B12, I started taking Vitamin B12 tablets and my canker sores are virtually gone. I get maybe 1-2 every few weeks but it was nothing compared to the several that used to bother me for about half the year. I feel your pain, I went through it. The pain was so normal that at points I didn't even care. Get some Vitamin B-12 tablets.. if it helped me it's sure to help you or whoever else this question is supposed to help.Oh and on a more spiritual level, pain is but an emotion.. acknowledge it and let it go and release your sense of self. lol easy to say this now though since I'm without those horrible sores haha.. but I'm hopeful that this will cure the problem for you too :)Source(s):Personal Experience for about half my life.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 11, 2009
    • 05:36 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement