Discussions By Condition: Digestive conditions

Gerd, Hiatal Hernia?

Posted In: Digestive conditions 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 25, 2007
  • 10:32 AM

Just wanted to know if anyone can give me an idea of what it is im suffering from?

For nearly two years ive been suffering with gerd like symptoms. I seem to be fine for a few months then have an "attack" every so often.I do everything a persona suffering from GERD/Reflux should be doing but get no satisfaction. Im currently on 20mg of Pantoprazole (protium) daily and occasionally 10mg of metaclopromide (reglan).

The problem is im now scared to eat and even drink. If I drink especially if its plain water I can feel it sitting in my throat. Im afraid to eat because more often then not i feel nauseated.

My symptoms are
wind
acid reflux
heartburn
area under my ribs is sensitive to the touch
tightening in my throat
NAUSEA
burning in stomach

I now seem to have travel sickness on top of this and cannot get into a car without feeling sick, though sickness carries on when I get out of the car.

Im not sure what else to do, my doctor isnt really helping...infact his suggestions just make me feel worse. I requested that I be sent to see a gastroentoroligist (sp?) So hopefully will see some change.

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.