Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Sore throat, loss of voice, tiredness, fever, night sweats.. being going on 5 weeks

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 10 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 14, 2007
  • 09:57 PM

Hi i've got hoarse voice, sometimes lose it completely, now really sore. Tired also, sometimes can't physically keep my eyes open, and could sleep some days away. Although others i can't get to sleep for hours, or wake in middle of night numerous times. Not like me! Occasionally get night sweats, wake up soaked! Have a fever every so often, but sometimes also go freezing cold, can't control my temperature. Had a swollen lymph node high on neck, has gone down but i can still feel it. This has be going on 5 weeks, been doing everything i'm told, rest my voice, keep fluids up, gentle exercise, do what my body says, ie if i need to sleep.. sleep! i'm a fit 24 yr woman otherwise! just been told it's a severe infection, other than that they don't know, been going on so long, really fed up. is it just an infection?

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• More info please. Have you had blood cultures done? Any other blood work?
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • August 15, 2007
    • 11:09 AM
    Flag this Response
  • got blood tests done.. nothing showed up. all came back normal.been given antibiotics, now on 2nd batch of stronger ones.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 15, 2007
    • 11:36 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Have your doctor culture your urine for Strep B. I wound up in the emergency room with extreme exhaustion, no one could find out the cause. Then the culture, which takes three days, came back positive for Strep B. I had no urinary tract infection symptoms. Just fatigue, night sweats, low grade fever, and chills. After the initial treatment of antibiotics, the fatigue, etc. went away. However, I haven't completely rid myself of Strep B, so whenever the fatigue, etc. starts up, I'm off to the doctor. Going to an urologist next week to try and get this infection over with.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 15, 2007
    • 09:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Find NAET/Bioset therapy and go. It is the only thing that will help you...I had all of your symptoms...even the night sweats... have you been tested for HIV?... I have chronic fatigue syndrome and the Bioset helped...my symptoms are 90% gone after just 6 treatments...NO KIDDING!! Best to you...mommy cat
    mommy cat 1,654 Replies
    • August 16, 2007
    • 00:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I get that quite alot, i think you may have severe tonsilitis.I had all the symptoms your have.Hoarse, sore voice, tired but can't sleep at times and wake up all the time,not like me either, cold sweats where you wake up soaked but are freezing, fever but feel cold, your lymph node could have been swollen glands, do you feel dizzy and want to pass out?The reason its not going is because its not being treated and your body cannot fight the infection because its one a very severe infection, as it makes your body week. KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR WEIGHT! I lost a stone in a week, sounds impossible but i did because it made me not be able to eat. If it is tonsilitis please, please get anti-biotics, because i know how ill it makes you.See a docter and ask for anti-biotics, i have the liquid medicine not the tablet and take throat lozengers for the pain in your throat. I hope this helps you :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 16, 2007
    • 08:50 AM
    Flag this Response
  • fever at 11 pm reaching 38.5 till morning with left occipital lymphadenopathy no other signs or symptoms the patient has D.M and HTNHi i've got hoarse voice, sometimes lose it completely, now really sore. Tired also, sometimes can't physically keep my eyes open, and could sleep some days away. Although others i can't get to sleep for hours, or wake in middle of night numerous times. Not like me! Occasionally get night sweats, wake up soaked! Have a fever every so often, but sometimes also go freezing cold, can't control my temperature. Had a swollen lymph node high on neck, has gone down but i can still feel it. This has be going on 5 weeks, been doing everything i'm told, rest my voice, keep fluids up, gentle exercise, do what my body says, ie if i need to sleep.. sleep! i'm a fit 24 yr woman otherwise! just been told it's a severe infection, other than that they don't know, been going on so long, really fed up. is it just an infection?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I don't know if the original person was looking for an answer still but I JUST today saw an episode of Mystery Diagnosis where a woman had all of those symptoms as well as extreme fatigue, weakness and swelling in her joints/wrists etc. and she was given the diagnosis of Polymiositis. Apparently her CPK enzyme was high in her leg (sorry I'm not a doctor I don't really know what that means) but it basically meant her body had a rare immune system defect where her body started attacking everything internally. She specifically had decreasing lung function due to a lung disease caused by her body thinking her lungs as a foreign danger. Her white blood cell count was extremely high too in an effort to fight her own lungs. This is a rare condition and may have nothing to do with your condition, but just thought that it might be helpful.
  • To the above person:Do you try to google a diagnosis before the show gives one? I watch the show all the time and do just that. I was thinking of posting the same that you did until I saw your post. I do hope she found her answer. A lot of people on Mysterious Diagnosis have really rare conditions that they only figure when they take on the search themselves and start googling. All hail the mighty search engine :D
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 25, 2010
    • 00:12 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi i've got hoarse voice, sometimes lose it completely, now really sore. Tired also, sometimes can't physically keep my eyes open, and could sleep some days away. Although others i can't get to sleep for hours, or wake in middle of night numerous times. Not like me! Occasionally get night sweats, wake up soaked! Have a fever every so often, but sometimes also go freezing cold, can't control my temperature. Had a swollen lymph node high on neck, has gone down but i can still feel it. This has be going on 5 weeks, been doing everything i'm told, rest my voice, keep fluids up, gentle exercise, do what my body says, ie if i need to sleep.. sleep! i'm a fit 24 yr woman otherwise! just been told it's a severe infection, other than that they don't know, been going on so long, really fed up. is it just an infection?Check for Lupus, Thyroid problems with TSH, Free T3, Free T4 and Total T4, and check all your vitamin & mineral levels.Hope that helps?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 25, 2010
    • 08:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I just got over mono, and i experienced all of this. it can last months, but there is no cure for it. you just have to wait it out. it sucks, i know. but just in case you do have mono, DO NOT do any physical activity until your symptoms subside. you're spleen may be swollen and if it is hit it can rupture and cause death. i hope this helped! but to know for sure you need to go to the doctor and ask them to test your blood for mono. best of luck to you!
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement