Discussions By Condition: Uterus conditions


Posted In: Uterus conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: jrzymom
  • August 27, 2009
  • 01:12 AM

Hi...I'm new here, I'm a 29 year old mother of 3 boys. I recently went to the gyn for an ultrasound because I've been in severe pain lately, which isn't a new occurrence, just getting worse. My mother had stage 1 Ovarian Cancer, and at the age of 31, after having 4 children, had a full hysterectomy. Having her history, and my own of numerous cysts, and this horrible nagging pain, I was starting to get concerned.

The u/s showed a mass on my right ovary, so my doctor sent me for an MRI. The MRI showed clusters of cysts on BOTH ovaries, not just the right, but then she dropped a bombshell on me, Adenomyosis. She said my uterus is double the size it should be(why didn't she feel this during the 2 exams I had within the last month???) and I pretty much either have to deal with the pain or have it removed.

I am done having children, but I really don't want to lose my uterus at this point in my life. With my risk of Ovarian Cancer, I would like to get the CA-125 marker test done, if I can find a doctor to do it, and if that is positive, I will have everything removed, no questions asked.

My question is, who should I be seeing? I would like a 2nd opinion, but I am unsure if there is a specialist I should see. Regardless, if I choose to have this done, I would like to find another doctor anyway, I don't feel comfortable having my OBGYN performing my hysterectomy.

And advise is appreciated!!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.