Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

STD testing

Posted In: Sexual conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: b_wizzle
  • March 23, 2013
  • 07:23 AM

I am wondering, can a doctor in Georgia refuse to treat you for an STD if you take a urine test, but decline to take a blood test?

I ask because I've experienced an std(Ghonnorea/Chlymidia) on 2 seperate occasions by practicing unsafe sex. On the second occasion, the symptoms were very mild, as in no pain when urinating, a very light, clear seepage, a cloudy urine, as well as some mild discomfort in the head of the ***** and some itching. Both of the previous times, the doctors I dealt with utilized the urine test and/or swab, treated me for both diseases and informed me of the results from the tests afterwards. Recently, I was practicing safe sex and the condom broke, resulting in symptoms identical to the 2nd instance. The new doctor I was referred to by my insurance provider indicated he could/wouldn't treat me for either Chlymidia or Ghonnorea since there were no very evident symptoms to him, although I took the urine test. I did not want to take a blood test at the time, and he indicated that he could not issue treatment without my doing so. He then relented somewhat and gave me a prescription for some antibiotics in pill form to deal with the Chlymidia, but not a shot of another antibiotic to deal with the ghonnorea. Then, to top it off, he issued me a return visit almost 2 months from now. Is this correct? Can he do this? Or is this just a case of him wanting to have me return so either myself or my insurance can be billed again? I've never had this issue with a doctor before.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.