Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Persistent symptoms below the waist?

Posted In: Sexual conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: remedy13
  • January 1, 2007
  • 10:42 PM

I have been dealing w/ chronic pain in my genital region for more than 10yrs.
Two PCP's, three urologists, two pain clinics, two orthopedic specialists and
finally... found a good pain mgnt. center. They're the first to believe the pain was ruining my life and put me on Cymbalta, Lortab 10 and Fentanyl 50 MCG/h
patch. My persistent pain has eased, but one symptom remains. Climaxing is a
horribly painful experience. All the doctors I mentioned assumed it was an STD
or prostititis or urethritis. They kept feeding me Cipro, Levaquin and other anti
biotics that did nothing. According to an article I read this is becoming quite
common. It says they need to look at this more seriously and have already
generalized the symptoms into one category calling it... "Chronic Pelvic Pain
Syndrome". Symptoms include, pain in perineal area, rectal pain, penile pain,
pain upon urinating or ejaculating, lower abdominal and groin pain. I hope there is someone out there that knows how to stop this pain because I can't wait for them to figure out what this is. I want to have sex again!!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.