Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Don't know what to do ...

Posted In: Sexual conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 7, 2006
  • 06:30 PM


I am a healthy younger woman with an active sex life. My boyfriend and I have sex about 2-4 times a week, on average, except that one pesky week. For the past month or so I have noticed some changes. Right now, it appears that I have 2 big cuts running down the outside of my vagina, along the fold of my outer labia. I also have some trouble lubricating myself, which didn't use to be an issue. There is also one cut on my inner labia. They are not pus-filled. I have had cuts like these before and they've gone away in a few weeks. I have chalked it up to rough sex before I was wet enough ... but now I don't know. When I was an teenager, before I was sexually active, I would get smaller versions of these cuts, as well.

I have been tested before, but only for claymidia and gonorhea. I just read that herpes can take the form of cuts, as well -- is it possible that I have herpes? I have also read about vaginitis -- could it be that? Or something else? It's hard for me to tell whether I should go to the doctor's or not because I have a tendency to be hypochondriatic, and I don't know if this is something women go through a lot. Can vaginal dryness cause cuts?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.