Discussions By Condition: Poisoning

need help with niacin reaction

Posted In: Poisoning 2 Replies
  • Posted By: matt1973
  • December 18, 2008
  • 02:08 PM

I have a question about taking TOO MUCH niacin, I took 3000 mg the first time and had facial swelling in the cheeks and lips, and had redness all over and itching, burning )(warmth) and this sent me to the hospital. I know now that was the wrong approach to this but my question is, How long can this stay in my system and bother me for. My family doctor said could be 10 days or more, the pharmacist said about the same thing. Has anyone had a long lasting reaction to this stuff before?

and did it resolve after time.

Thanks
Matt

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.