Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

where to get diagnostic testing ?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: wiredwoman
  • November 12, 2008
  • 06:29 PM

I need to find someone in UK or Europe who can take swab and test for actinomyces israelli. It needs to be cultured in chocolate agar. The infected areas are in sinus where infected root canalled teeth were removed, and now progressed down to chest infection. Who can take swab/s for me and grow them quickly so I can get proper treatment ? Doctors I am dealing with are not up to the job and I am getting sicker. I am willing to go anywhere to get this done. A nose swab does not do the trick, and I dont believe doctors who say I need to be under a full anaesthetic to have swab taken. I would SO appreciate an intelligent and practical person replying to this thread asap. Thank you. :)

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.