Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

I think I may have a midface syndrome, please help

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 8, 2008
  • 07:43 PM

Hi, I'm almost 20 now and my mid face looks very undeveloped, so much that it looks like my eyes are bulging and they also point outwards slightly. I've always had large eyes as a kid, however back than i looked normal... my eyes pointed fowards and not it any different direction. I don't have any clue where to go to diagnosis any type of midface dysplasia i might have. I wasn't born with any syndrome, but if you look at me now well... lets just say i've been called plenty of nasty things lately.. freak, zombie you name it i've been called it. around my eyes are so dark because of the lack of bone, you can even see veins under my eyes now. I just don't know where to go to get a diagnosis, all of the mid face dysplasia centers i've seen online would mean having to travel to a different state, could someone please help me figure out what kind of doctor i need to see, thank you.

Also, I have had a mri but they only checked for thyroid disease, and the doctor said I did not have any signs of enlarged thyroid, graves disease etc.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.