Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Deserately Seeking an Elbow Specialist

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: LisaDew
  • April 26, 2008
  • 05:32 AM

My daughter had been being seen by several orthopedic departments in 2005 for elbow pain associated with sports. Eventually an orthopedic surgeon wanted to do an orthroscopic surgery for exploration at the end of '06. Since the surgery my daughter can no longer extend her arm inward or outward. She has been through intensive physical therapy and cannot gain even the slightest bit of improvement. She has no strength and normal use has been eliminated. I cannot get a local inland empire orthopedic doctor that doesnt know the one that did the surgery to help diagnose what might have happened in that surgery to end up like this. He ruined her senior and promising college athletics career as well as has disabled her normal activity to the point that not only is she severly limited in what she can do but no one will hire her for "partial" duty in the job field, but of course those orthopedic doctors that we have seen since say she doesnt need full use and cannot be considered disabled. So try and tell a healthy, athletic 17 year old how life is supposed to be now. I need help. Referrals for a specialist, a doctor that might want to talk, an attorney????? Thanks, Thoroughly Frustrated

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.