Discussions By Condition: Female sexual conditions

itching and irritated

Posted In: Female sexual conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 21, 2008
  • 05:45 AM

Hi. I am only 14 years old and I'm not sexually active. I have a discharge accompanied by irritation and itchiness around my labia and period hole. I'm afraid to talk to my mom. Could someone please help me?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

  • Hi. I know you're afraid to talk to your mom, but you need to go to the doctor because it sounds like you have a yeast infection, and it doesn't matter if you're sexually active or not, you can still get them; I'm not either, but I'll get them sometimes...and, I know you're scared, but you need to tell her so you can get it taken care of. Let us know what you find out, and I hope you get better soon. Good luck.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Buy an over the counter yeast infection medicine that is by the tampons at the store. Do you have about $12-$15? That might fix you up and no one would know. Put the trash in a different garbage can so no one knows. If that doesn't help, then let us know.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies Flag this Response
  • What you have is indeed a yeast infection, and it is something all females have. It can come and go in waves, so don't be fooled to think its gone. You can buy medication for it at the drugstore. Where I live it is called Canesten. Until you can buy medicine you can use cornstartch or potatostarch on your vagina after washing and drying. (use a blow dryer if you can). The starch will sooth and take the intense itch away for a while. Hope this helps... Kiera
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.