1. In June 2013 I began to have serious problems with fluid in my hands, legs and feet. Went to my internal medicine doctor who ran blood test and put me on diuretics. Blood test came back abnormal with higher quantities of TSH (thyroid level at 42) hypothyroid. My doctor sent me to a thyroid doctor and was diagnosed with Graves Disease In July, 2013. Took radiation to kill thyroid and I am now on thyroid medication for the rest of my life. Swelling in my legs, feet and hands still remain.
2. Swelling all over - Get up in the morning with low amounts of fluid retention. As the day goes by my shoes get tighter and my jeans get tighter as the fluid increases. By nighttime I can squeeze my calf and have a dent that will remain for a long time or when wearing socks I have a ridge that develops over my socks. Compression socks do help. Blood test for the common problems (kidneys, liver and heart) have been performed and have all been negative.
3. Intolerance to heat. Hot all the time.
4. Severe internal itching just below my rib cage. Cannot scratch to relieve. I would like to take a fork and jab it into my gut to re-leave the itching. Some days are worse than others. It is driving me crazy.
5. Protein & blood in my urine. Have always had small amounts in my urine and have been tested multiple times for the different types of kidney diseases, all negative. Doctors have concluded that the protein and blood in my urine must be normal for me. So when I go to see a new doctor I have to fore warn them that I do have protein and blood in my urine.
6. Weight gain.