Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

how to get out of social/phobia?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 8 Replies
  • Posted By: Firstlove14
  • February 17, 2007
  • 03:00 AM

ive got social phobia for 2 years, i dont wanna got that phobia for rest of my life

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• Why have you got a social phobia (what started it)? How does it manifest itself?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 00:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Get reprogrammed. You can do it yourself. Go to www.mercola.com - the world's largest alternative site - and search then download the 28 page EFT Manual. EFT = Emotional Freedom Technique. Won't know until you give it a try for a couple weeks.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 01:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • when people talk to me, i gets nervous , cant speak well, lose control looks like a idiot. and i walk ugly too and i think people all all watching at me cuz of my ugly walks, and they laugh at me, but thats just my feeling not sure. i and my sister always argue everyday for no reason, i dono why, maybe she thinks im idiot cuz of my walk ugly and speaks. one day i sleep at 3:00 pm midnight, my dad knows i havent sleep yet, and i lie him i dont have school tomorow, he knows i got school tomorrow,so he told my sister, and my sister and her husband talkin about im idiot i feel really sad, and 2 days later, its new year i really want to go back, but im so sad that she says im idiot, now my dad and her husband think im idiot, and they talk about me to my sister's husband's friends too, i feel really really really sad, now they all went back for the new years only me stay at home. im so sad, sometime i really want to die. i almost cry every midnight in bed and i pray that i can get out of that phobia, can anyone help me out.....
    Firstlove14 2 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 10:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like you are being too self conscious. The more you let it get to you, the worse you will feel. It is worth remembering that the people who genuinely are stupid idiots never think about it in the first place. I don't think I have ever seen anybody with what I could call an ugly walk. If anybody did laugh at someone else because of their appearance, then the person with the problem is the one doing the laughing. They are the stupid ones. But I imagine you are just worrying unnecessarily. Lots of people get nervous when they talk. You are not unusual there. As for sisters, don't they always argue with one another! You probably should try to relax a bit more and get on with your sister. Then see what happens.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 18, 2007
    • 11:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • sometime i try to talk to peoples or friends i gets stuck in middle like suddenly stop saying like that, then i become embarassing, anyway way how to get out of it?
    Firstlove14 2 Replies
    • February 18, 2007
    • 08:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Easy. If you get stuck just tell them that you forgot what you were going to say. That can actually come across as being quite self-confident. It also gives you a breathing space to actually think out what you are going to say.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2007
    • 10:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You could try getting some books on developing self esteem and even social graces, so you can always feel confident around others. They will also give suggestions like what to talk to people about, etc. I also frequently have the problem of not being able to think of what I want to say and sounding stupid (or so I think) - or blurting out something embarrassing or inappropriate. I just try now to thing before I speak. I have heard of counting to 10 before answering a question or responding in a conversation. We are always our own worst critics. Start with some books, develop your self confidence and you'll be fine!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2007
    • 04:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • When I talk to people I always tend to adapt my way of speaking to a similar way that everyone else is doing. unless i'm with only one other person (sometimes). when i'm in a large group of people who are talking I sit quietly to myself, trying not to bring conversation to myself in fear that I may say something stupid. I feel like I sound awkward everytime i speak and also I think my facial expressions are somewhat unusual at times. I can never start a conversation, and I never say the right thing. and when people talk I think too deeply about what they are saying and a lot of times i think too critically about it, even though everything I say is dumb. I smile alot. probably because I cant think of anything to say, and I wouldn't want to anyways. it takes me minutes upon minutes to text someone back. I think way psychologically about things, and it usually makes me think people don't like me, but for some reason they still talk to me. I'm not sure what i have. if it's an illness? or a phase? or some kind of deep insanity. i've always been "weird" but isn't everyone in a way? I just don't know. Also I get myself into awkward situations in conversations where I don't know what to say and i've just left the other person silent too, not knowing what to say either. I hate it. But somehow I manage to have friends who I consider neat, and "popular" so to speak. lol. I just don't feel like i fit in. help please
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 29, 2009
    • 05:03 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement