Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

female, trying to ID cause/relation of symptoms

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 8 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 16, 2007
  • 08:42 PM

I'm 35 year old female. I have been diagnosed with a cyst (size of sm. apple) on an ovary. I also have recurrent dull sometimes cramping like pelvic pain in the bladder area. It causes the need for frequent urination but I do not have a strong urine odor or dark colored urine. In the past i've been diagnosed with uti but i'm unsure if this is really the culprit. a family member has recurrent uti's but is diabetic. I am not diabetic nor am I sexually active at this time. I've only been experiencing this the last 2 years or so. It seems to worsen when I drink soda regularly and has accompanying low back pain when I drink sugar full energy drink (not with sugar free) so I omit it from my diet now. The pain also travels vaginally at times and is usually a dull pain. At other times I have sharp sudden pains internally which seem to be associated with movement (sit to stand, twisting, etc..). These symptoms are usually not during a menstrual cycle but those are heavy with severe cramping, constipation and such which could be masking symptoms at that time. Furthermore, I am having migraines that started approx 2 years ago but are increasing in frequency. I had once thought they were related to the use of tampons worn overnight or during light flow but have discontinued the practice. I wonder if they're hormone related and if all of this is related to the diagnosed cyst. I'm trying to decide whether to have laproscopy done as i decided not to try the birth control pills to address the cyst for fear of side effects. No hx of "female organ" cancer in family but have familial hx of many types of other cancers so I'm afaid to take that risk. Additionaly, I'm always fatiqued and am amazed at the energy of others. I'm not depressed, I don't have children, have low to no stress, am of avg. weight, relatively inactive (too tired) and frustrated by the lack of energy and sex drive (none). I have other changes as well including my hair starting to get a curl or wave when it's always been very straight. Would love any input on this. It's hard to determine what is and is not related and I don't think this is just aging so any input would be appreciated, Thanks!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• look up endometriosis
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 16, 2007
    • 09:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had a 7 cm cyst in my ovary and had laparscopic surgery to remove it...yours sounds like it is a large size, and the danger is if it should rupture - this would be an emergency situation similar to an appendix rupturing. Has your doc suggested lap. surgery? The cyst caused me lots of pain, gas, bloating and bowel problems in between my cycles. The pressure of the cyst, depending on where it is located can cause a lot of pain and referred pain. The surgery was "day surgery" and they literally kicked me out of the hospital ONE hour after the surgery. It felt as bad as when I had my c-section, only then I got to stay at the hospital. Day surgery is a joke...but after several months the pain has definitely subsided. To address your other symptoms I suggest looking into candida overload. Visit www.wholeapproach.com and www.candidasupport.org for more info. It is hard to successfully diagnose, and on the websites there are some tests you can take to see if it fits. Threelac is the best treatment I have found for candida. You are right to equate the sodas to UTIs. Actually it is the high fructose corn syrup which causes this, and HFCS can be found in most everything! Check your labels and try to stay away from this sweetener. Hope this helps and I feel if your cyst hasn't changed in size or has grown, you should do the surgery. DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 04:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My dr. did suggest laproscopy and i go for follow up in March at which time I'll likely agree to the procedure. I reviewed the candidae site and it sounds much like a colon cleanse program. I've tried a colon cleanse program in the past it could'nt tolerate the migraines, cramping and vomitting it seemed to cause. I hope it's not a no pain, no gain type program :0) Thanks for the info, I'll research the product and may give it a try.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 18, 2007
    • 04:04 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Colon cleansing can call what is called a Herksheimer reaction, or healing crisis, if you cleanse to much at first. I like threelac for treating candida as it doesn't usually cause this and you don't have to drastically change your diet. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 18, 2007
    • 07:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • well that's a relief! I had not heard of this reaction response and was leary of trying any similar product. I think I will try the threelac. I'm about at the point of "what do I have to lose". It's funny, I don't want to spend the $ on this but have paid a similar amount for special exercise shoes without researching them. I guess it's time for a priority adjustment. Thanks for all your help, I do hope the threelac performs better than the shoes, ha ha.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2007
    • 05:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Keep in mind that if Threelac doesn't work for you there is a 60 day money back guarantee. Try to buy from a reputable dealer on the internet that specifically states this, and you truly will have nothing to lose!You must start slowly with this product. I recommend only 1 packet a day for a week, then 2 packets for a week and then 3 packets for two weeks. Usually by then you will have noticed extreme improvement, and if not, then just return it. Digestive enzymes usually help move things along as you are taking this product. Hope it helps you!DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 20, 2007
    • 01:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hummmm, The suddenly wavy hair happened to me too. I had a lot of undx'd female pain and problems, no cysts in that area, but got a bunch on my thigh, after a tick bite. Could be thyroid or Lyme disease and its co infections. Hope ya find out soon, so you can feel better.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 20, 2007
    • 11:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I was diagnosis with polycystic ovary disease at age 33 after a decade of undiagnosed abdominal pain. I had a complete hysterectomy in 2000 due to the cysts on ovaries (one being size of grapefruit, the other size of baseball)Now 5 yrs later I am diagnoses with hypothyroidism. Abdominal pain continues as I am currently undergoing tests for small bowel cancer. Past colonoscopies did not diagnose polyposis. I had to have a barium swallow test to find it. I am wondering if the two, the polycystic and polyposis are related. Do you have bowel symptoms too?Lesa
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2007
    • 09:45 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement