Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

Eye pain - sexual connection

Posted In: Eye conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 14, 2007
  • 10:19 PM

I am a male in my mid-50's and have had occasional sharp eye pain for about a month and a half. I went to my GP who sent me to an ophthalmologist who diagnosed it as blepharitis. He gave me an antibiotic ointment and drops for dry eyes. I have a problem putting anything in or near my eyes and have never used the ointment, but have used the drops he suggested. It seemed to be getting better, but lately the pains have been more frequent. In addition, lately something very odd has been happening - any time I touch my genital area (while showering, etc.) I get a pain in my right eye. I saw the article on sexual headaches and it mentions a very severe headache. This is just a quick jabbing pain that goes right away. This may sound like a joke, but believe me, it is not. I have a family history of cerebral hemorrhage and am worried that it could be a "brain problem". I'm embarrassed to even mention this to my GP - has anyone ever experienced this??

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement