Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Vaginal pain during intercourse?? plz help

Posted In: Sexual conditions 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 12, 2007
  • 05:26 AM

Hello,

I have a quesion about a problem my fiancee is having...

About 2 months back, she went to her doctor for her normal check-up, but at the time, she was extremely tender and swollen. After this showed up, it was very painful for her during any attempt at intercourse. Prior to this, we had used spermicidal condoms and had simluar problems the last time they were used. (not sure why we used them again)

Anyways, she went to the doctor and he said that the pain/swelling was most likely caused by the spermicide, and all of her test came back normal.

Since then, (dont mean to be too graphical) when we attempt the missionary position, it causes her pain as soon I am about half way in. If she is sitting up, such as on the side of the bed or on the edge of the couch, the pain isnt as bad, but still there. The only thing that seams to work without discomfort for her is when she is on top, and even then, its not always completely comfortable.

Other things dont seem to cause pain, such as oral sex, fingers, or tampons, so it is quite strange.

We havnt been sexually active for long, and we havnt been with others so an STD is basically ruled out. She was planning on going back to the doctor but she doesnt think she can get into see him, since it isnt an emergency, before our wedding date.

This has been very ******n her and her confidence. No matter what I say or do, she still blames herself when the problem arrises.

If anyone has any idea what could be causeing this or what we could do, please help.

Thanks in advance.

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• I am the poster of this question. I have now registered so contacting me should be easier. Thanks again-AcId-
    AcIdBuRn02ZTS 9 Replies
    • February 12, 2007
    • 05:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Do you two use any lubrication? It could help. My fiance was having swollen pains also, but when we started using Astroglide it all went away. Try it out. Give her a few days to heal up then try using some Astroglide. Don't be embarrassed either, it happens.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 12, 2007
    • 09:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • We have in the past and once recently to see if it would help, but all it seemed to do was irritate the problem. Does anyone have any idea or has anyone had simular situations? -EDIT-Forgot to mention in my first post, the pain is localized to the left side... that is my left if im on top of her or in front of her... so her right side. Also, she has noticed that afterwards, if she puts pressure on the outside of her vagina, it helps for some reason. Thanks-AcId-
    AcIdBuRn02ZTS 9 Replies
    • February 12, 2007
    • 11:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • This is very weird to me.... We have been sexually active for a little over a year... and before the incident w/ the spermicidal condoms, we have never had any issues like this. Things had been rather enjoyable for the two of us. Something else i didnt mention... her doctor put her on birth control about a year ago to treat extreme pain during her period. The pain was to the point that she was using heating pads (to the point of blistering her skin) and ice packs (to the same extent) because it was the only thing that would even slightly help. Now that she has been on birth control, the pain is pretty well non-existant anymore. I didnt know if this might have anything to do with it or not, so I thought I would mention. Please help if you can... -AcId-
    AcIdBuRn02ZTS 9 Replies
    • February 13, 2007
    • 05:51 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Could she be allergic to the condoms I'm wondering. I had swelling and irritation and found out through blood work I'm allergic to latex. Something to think about.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 13, 2007
    • 01:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • We have been sexually active for over a year now w/ no problems... only when the spermicide condom was used did this all start.... thanks
    AcIdBuRn02ZTS 9 Replies
    • February 14, 2007
    • 01:12 AM
    Flag this Response
  • you may want to ask the doc for a gynea referral,she sounds like me and i have endometriosis.trust me get this looked at asap it can lead to infertility.to get info on endometriosis just do a google search.the pain in the left side...does she explain it as something being trapped under her hip bone?again this is what i feel.also she may have ibs,the two often get mixed up,hope this helps good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2007
    • 06:43 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement