Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

Random Depression

Posted In: Mental conditions 28 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 28, 2006
  • 10:21 PM

I need some help and I do not want to go and see a therapist. For the past couple of years I have been experiencing random bad cases of severe depression involving crying that I cannot stop, thoughts of worthlessness, and thoughs of suicide. Within the past year they have been getting a lot worse and I recently went into the ER for an advil overdose. I want to know how to stop myself from doing this because I push people that are close to me away when I get in these moods. I want to know what could possibly be wrong with me but I do not want to see someone about it. I am trying St. John's Wort Extract to see if it might change my moods, but I am afraid that it will just get worse. :( Please let me know if and what kind of treatment other than therapy I can get for this. Thanks

SD

Reply Flag this Discussion

28 Replies:

• SD, I went through a very challenging time, left a job I loved because of a board of directors that could care a less, opened a business~my business partner left and I lost the store PLUS I took a very good paying job doing something I HATE_ sitting at a desk and punching numbers, I finally went to see my GP who said I have been depressed for over a YEAR--now it's time to get to work. I am now on an absence from work- taking Paxil and Ativan and really trying to get through it. Please see you doctor-document your history, take some meds and perhaps a leave from work. It is giving me the time to begin to focus again, to hope for tomorrow........trust in your value and worth, and talk to someone.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 29, 2006
    • 10:14 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing, im 16 years old and i get random depression every other day for no reason. I too feel worthless and like a giant nothing and invisible to everyone around me. I do not know whats wrong with me. I have thoughts of suicide almost every other day. I feel im going to be alone and that i have no interests in anything at all. I've lost interest in almost everything i used to love and there is little that i feel i have to live for. I hate the people around me and have lost hope that humans in general are good at heart at all and not false fakes and liars. I live a false life and people would never have a clue how depressed i really am all the time, i wonder if im bipolar but am not sure and would never dream of telling anyone what i have just wrote. I fear that i will not be around if my depression gets worse and im scared of what people would think if i told them. I know what your going through, your not alone. I just wish i knew how to be happy. My life is going by so quick and this is supposed to be the happier times of my life. As i get older everything will just get worse.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 26, 2009
    • 11:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i understand, and i feel like i have the same problem. i'am 15years old with too many problems for such a young age. and i dont want this to continue because then im just waisting days of my life in a depressive state, or just plain unhappy. thats not good, you only get one life. after that what?? i've tried to think about that its wayyy to confusing and scary at the same time, and im not the type to get scared easily, but when your dealing with something Mentally scary its impossible not to be afraid. after you die what? "do i see black?" i would ask myself, but not even. i will have no feelings, no sight. i kinda picture people visiting my grave when i die, but know what? i wont even be able to see that! so what the ****? iam Catholic, i do believe in god,****s,heaven,& ***l(maybe not so much ***l). but regardless, i also have my doubts on the religion. my mother has had me involved in church ALL my life, but i still question it. Well i dont know much to do know, but i will try to cheer up, one main thing that puts a smile on my face is trying to make others feel better, or flirting with girls. strange, but those are my tacktics. i got to go im in school. im glad i got to share a bit. everyone, take it easy.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • i too am depressed and i was recently asked what do i like doing... i dont like doing anything. there is nothing... ive been soo close to attempting suicide. and i realy need help fast im worried, scared and i need somthing to cheer me up. ive been like this for over a year and have even got to the point of self harming... i realy need a way to stop all this asap because i fear the worst and im afraid to tell someone especialy people i know. ive realy been struggling these last few weeks... and its made me realize im worthless.......
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 21, 2009
    • 11:18 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I need some help and I do not want to go and see a therapist. For the past couple of years I have been experiencing random bad cases of severe depression involving crying that I cannot stop, thoughts of worthlessness, and thoughs of suicide. Within the past year they have been getting a lot worse and I recently went into the ER for an advil overdose. I want to know how to stop myself from doing this because I push people that are close to me away when I get in these moods. I want to know what could possibly be wrong with me but I do not want to see someone about it. I am trying St. John's Wort Extract to see if it might change my moods, but I am afraid that it will just get worse. :( Please let me know if and what kind of treatment other than therapy I can get for this. ThanksSDIdentifying the cause often leads to the best course of action. Was there a triggering event? If so, it is probably reactive (situational) depression: counselling, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy may be indicated, but most of life's adverse situations are resolved within 16 weeks, yet the medical criteria for depression, and the prescription of antidepressants is only 2 weeks!. Or, was it a more gradual thing, with no apparent cause? (a nutritional deficiency, hypothyroidism, environmental toxicity, or reactions to some medications, such as Advil (ref: Mercola.com) etc., becomes more likely as the cause). Antidepressants work quicker than the following; 2 - 6 weeks, but you may have to adjust dosage, or types. St. John's wort helps most people; tolerance doesn't develop, and the few side effects don't occur often, and even then are normally not severe (neither antidepressants, nor the wort, nor supplements should be relied on as a sole treatment). It doesn't cause sleeping problems, or weight change, but usually takes at least 2, and generally 4 - 6 weeks to become effective, but can sometimes work quicker than antidepressants. See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10759336?dopt=Abstract A recent, independent German double blind study showed it to be as effective as a commonly prescribed antidepressant, in cases of major depression, with far fewer side effects, and those were generally better tolerated, with a lower rate of discontinuation. Unlike antidepressants, where sexual dysfunction is a common side effect, it happens much more rarely with St. John's Wort (I didn't experience any). A multidimensional approach to treating depression without medication follows. All except for no. (7.) are safe to use with medication, but not SJW, because of interactions, and it's sensible to check out anything else first, like Ginkgo Biloba, Gotu Kola, or supplements, such as SAMe, 5HTP, or L-phenylalanine, with your doctor. (1.) Take at least 4 Omega 3 fish oil supplements, daily: (certified free of mercury) it is best if consumed with an antioxidant, such as an orange, or its FRESHLY SQUEEZED juice. If vitamin E is added, it should be certified as being 100% from natural sources, or it may be synthetic: avoid it! In the winter months, if not getting sufficient daily exposure to strong light, see http://www.mercola.com SEARCHBAR: enter: "vitamin D3". Go to a doctor and ask for a 25(OH)D, also called 25-hydroxyvitamin D, blood test. When you get the results, don’t follow the typical “normal” reference range, as these are too low. The OPTIMAL value that you’re looking for is 45-52 ng/ml (115-128 nmol/l)". The company which tests your levels has to be one of those using the correct form of test, and this topic is addressed via the searchbar at Mercola.com - "vitamin D3; testing". Also take a vitamin B complex which is certified as being 100% of natural origin; the deficiency in vitamin B9 (folate, or folic acid) that most depressed people have, is known to cause depression. Around 30% - 40% of depressed people have low vitamin B12 levels. (2.) Work up slowly to at least 20 minutes of daily exercise, or 30 - 60 mns, 5 times weekly in daytime, outside. Too much exercise can cause stress, which isn't wanted when dealing with depression. (3.) Occupational therapy (keeping busy allows little time for unproductive introspection, and keeps mental activity out of less desirable areas of the brain). (4.) Practice a relaxation method, daily, and when needed, such as: (free) http://www.drcoxconsulting.com/managing-stress.html or http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/mindbody/a/Meditation.htm or http://www.wikihow.com/Meditate or Tai Chi, Qi Gong, or yoga. (5.) Initially, at least, some form of psychotherapy or counselling; later, perhaps either Cognitive Behavio(u)ral Therapy, (a free E course in it, which may well reduce the time needed in therapy, as should *, & ** is at: http://ecouch.anu.edu.au/welcome ) or Rational Emotive Behavio(u)ral Therapy for, say, 6 months. (6.) Maintain a mood chart, and daily activities schedule**. (7.) As options, if desired, either a known, effective herbal remedy, such as St. John's wort, (get a German variety, if possible; local ones may vary in effectiveness. Jarsin, Perika, and Kira brands have been recommended as being effective. Take with a meal), Ginkgo Biloba, Gotu Kola, or supplements, such as SAMe, 5HTP, or L-phenylalanine: see: http://www.indepression.com/depression-natural-remedy.html (from vitamin and health food stores, some supermarkets have old/inferior types, or mail order: Google: " ... ; supplies"). 80% of people in the Western world have low magnesium levels; this is known to cause depression & anxiety. Try pharmacies & supermarkets for the magnesium supplement types shown in http://www.real-depression-help.com/magnesium-for-depression.html Low levels of calcium, and potassium can also cause depression. A quiz is at http://psychcentral.com/depquiz.htm if positive, see a doctor. Have your blood tested, and correct any deficiencies, preferably through improved nutrition. Use sea salt, http://www.naturalnews.com/025883.html as many people are iodine deficient, adversely affecting thyroid function. Read: The Depression Cure: The 6-Step Program to Beat Depression without Drugs by Stephen S. Ilardi PhD, & Self-Coaching: The Powerful Program to Beat Anxiety and Depression, 2nd Edition, Completely Revised and Updated by Joseph J. Luciani, & "Lift your mood now." by * John D Preston, Psy.D. 2001, New Harbinger Publications, Inc., 5674 Shattuck Avenue, Oakland. CA, & "Feeling Good - the new mood therapy" ** by David D. Burns, M.D., from your bookstore, or Amazon.com. See http://your-mental-health.weebly.com/b.html Many brands of the wort contain insufficient hyperforin; consider using a low dosage of 5HTP with it. Check out: http://www.foodforthebrain.org/content.asp?id_Content=1769
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 8, 2009
    • 02:12 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i am aswell depressed,it happens at least 2-3 days once a week and so far its been getting worse..i have self harmed since i was 13 and its not getting better. Thoughts of suicide have entered my mind but i cant bring myself to do it in the end knowing how distraught my family would be as them not knowing and wandering why if i had commited suicide, an attempt of hanging myself had happened but i eventually stopped thinking about the above right now anything gets me started off..little arguments,looking in the mirror thinking im fat or ugly *bla bla* mostly its about the bad bad times in the past i have had all crushing in on my mind to make me feel guilty about everything. i havent told anyone about this except a few friends for when i am down they can try cheer me up, but it hardly ever works, i want to know is there anything i can do to help this? im afraid its going to get much worse throughout my life, please help im feeling worthless about myself and treating everything and everyone around me like they are nothing when they mean everything to me. Many thanks x
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 20, 2009
    • 10:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i am aswell depressed,it happens at least 2-3 days once a week and so far its been getting worse..i have self harmed since i was 13 and its not getting better. Thoughts of suicide have entered my mind but i cant bring myself to do it in the end knowing how distraught my family would be as them not knowing and wandering why if i had commited suicide, an attempt of hanging myself had happened but i eventually stopped thinking about the above right now anything gets me started off..little arguments,looking in the mirror thinking im fat or ugly *bla bla* mostly its about the bad bad times in the past i have had all crushing in on my mind to make me feel guilty about everything. i havent told anyone about this except a few friends for when i am down they can try cheer me up, but it hardly ever works, i want to know is there anything i can do to help this? im afraid its going to get much worse throughout my life, please help im feeling worthless about myself and treating everything and everyone around me like they are nothing when they mean everything to me. Many thanks xI'm always gonna be here for you babe, i love you so much xx
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 9, 2010
    • 01:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i am aswell depressed,it happens at least 2-3 days once a week and so far its been getting worse..i have self harmed since i was 13 and its not getting better. Thoughts of suicide have entered my mind but i cant bring myself to do it in the end knowing how distraught my family would be as them not knowing and wandering why if i had commited suicide, an attempt of hanging myself had happened but i eventually stopped thinking about the above right now anything gets me started off..little arguments,looking in the mirror thinking im fat or ugly *bla bla* mostly its about the bad bad times in the past i have had all crushing in on my mind to make me feel guilty about everything. i havent told anyone about this except a few friends for when i am down they can try cheer me up, but it hardly ever works, i want to know is there anything i can do to help this? im afraid its going to get much worse throughout my life, please help im feeling worthless about myself and treating everything and everyone around me like they are nothing when they mean everything to me. Many thanks xI don't personally know you but I am so sorry to hear you are in pain. I generally have great advice for people, but I'm in the pits myself right now. So maybe one day I'll be able to reply with something else than this - I know where your coming from, as much as is possible given I don't know all of your circumstances. *Please note, these are just opinions about what to do*TO ANYONE WHO THINKS ABOUT HARMING THEMSELVES OR CUTTING - SIMPLY DON'T DO IT!!! I too started to cut myself when I was in eighth grade. I remember the exact day. BUT IT IS NOT WORTH IT! I am now much older (we'll say over 27) and I can't have my scars removed or improved enough to not be noticeable. I'm always aware they are there and just hope people won't ask about them. But the ones down my wrists are somewhat obvious and embarrassing. By harming yourself now, you could be creating problems for yourself in the future. When people cut themselves, they are just creating scar tissue. I slowed down after a while when a random guy I met showed me his arms. They were almost entirely scar tissue! It was gross and sad at the same time!! Try to come up with some alternatives when you start to crash. Play some video games. Go for a brisk walk. Bang on musical instruments. But just don't harm yourself or others, or property. Go look in a mirror when you're upset and force yourself to smile 10 times. Jump in a shower with all of your clothes still on. Anything, but don't give up or give in!Also, you are not alone. Not by a long shot. But I would highly recommend you seek some professional help. I know that sounds bad and you may be concerned about what people think, but you can't always live by what others think of you. I've learned over the many years that you may be surprised where you can find friends and people who care. If you want to find people to help you - here are my suggestions. You could probably benefit from counseling or therapy. I wish I had started when I was your age. Here I am, married, and still dealing with the demons of my past and stuck. I don't recommend it! There is NOTHING WRONG WITH A PERSON WHO ASKS FOR HELP!! It takes a lot of strength to ask and I've learned it is better to say exactly what you want than to wait for others to intuitively help you. With the internet, you should be able to do some research on people in your area. If you are not comfortable with your area, such as you are in a small community, search elsewhere. And it doesn't always have to be a psychologist. I've seen nurse practitioners, mental health counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists - there is no limit to the different titles of people that may be able to help you. Keep in mind, you have the right to decide if someone is a good fit for you or not. I saw some people only a few times, some even only once before moving on. It is important for you to be comfortable with them. How old are you now? I realize you may have to enlist your parents help since they have insurance, but there are even alternatives to that. Some schools have counselors or psychs that visit. Just be careful not to divulge your pain to someone who is only concerned about your registration for next semester and what you want to be when you grow up! That isn't the type of counseling that would help you. My energy has ran out for a bit. But please reply to this if you see my comments. And from the previous reply, it sounds like you already have someone who cares about you, so don't give up! :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 21, 2010
    • 01:12 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I thank you so much for listening...i would consider help but i cant considering my parents know nothing about this stuff i do, i haven't harmed myself in 3 weeks :) so i hope maybe its getting better. I will tkae your advice and try to take as many precautions as possible to prevent this from happening again. I am 16 now, and yeah from what you said I have my boyfriend whoes there for me no matter what but he cant always be there for me thats the problem but i'm trying desperatley hard to stop. I will ask for some help from my school as there is counseling :) thank you for giving me your thoughts and opnions they have been a big help x
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 31, 2010
    • 06:35 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am depressed as well. I feel as if no one cares about me anymore. I can't seem to do anything right for people anymore, my parent's cause to much stress on me, I've been getting back-stabbed alot, I cry myself to sleep literally every night. 14 years of it. I've gone to cutting myself and was literally close to commiting suicide. I had the knife up to my chest and was gonna stab myself. I feel like a piece of shxt, and I fxcking hate my life. I have prayed so many times, and it always gets worse. I hate everything and everyone. No one can understand me. They say they do, but they really don't. No one can help me with anything. I wanna run away, but I can't without my parent's saying something :'(
  • The thing that has helped me most in my life in ****s, just having a relationship with him really helps me through the hard times.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I am going through the exact same thing. I am 16 years old and I randomly get depressed all the time. My only way out is poetry and i do the same thing i pretend to be happy and everyone i no see's me as happy and upbeat but thats not real at all if they new me for me i wouldnt be the most enjoyable person. Have you tried writing it realllyy helps me :) but yea over the last couple months it has been getting worse and my bf is worried about me and idk what to do anymore. If any one has any suggestions i am open for a listen on how to help bipass this.
  • everyone needing help really the best help is to tell people either that or listen to some music that is uplifting like the band hatebreed if you dont like the music you should look up the lyrics but really just tell people and get help it kind of seems like its either tell people or die so i strongly urge help
  • I have the same thing, im 16 years old and i get random depression every other day for no reason. I too feel worthless and like a giant nothing and invisible to everyone around me. I do not know whats wrong with me. I have thoughts of suicide almost every other day. I feel im going to be alone and that i have no interests in anything at all. I've lost interest in almost everything i used to love and there is little that i feel i have to live for. I hate the people around me and have lost hope that humans in general are good at heart at all and not false fakes and liars. I live a false life and people would never have a clue how depressed i really am all the time, i wonder if im bipolar but am not sure and would never dream of telling anyone what i have just wrote. I fear that i will not be around if my depression gets worse and im scared of what people would think if i told them. I know what your going through, your not alone. I just wish i knew how to be happy. My life is going by so quick and this is supposed to be the happier times of my life. As i get older everything will just get worse.I'm 17, I read this and I felt as if i had wrote it. There are only two differences. Which are that I haven't lost hope in people, and that i am not scared to tell people that i often feel sad. I haven't lost hope in people, because I've have found ONLY three people(so far) that understand me(for the most part) they are what give me hope, that there ARE people that are able to sympathize with me understand me. The thing that bothers me about that, is they are girls... leaving me to wonder if its just me that cant have a conversation with other guys, or is it that the other guys i hang out with are just really narrow minded? I don't know the answer to that. So I've learned that i cant always find the answer to my problems/question, rather than attempting to solve them or even understand them, I just accept that they are problems/riddles. The hard part is not letting them take over my life. I don't go out, I don't have any interest's, i don't care if my life ends today and i have nothing to show for it, there are too many contradictions in religion that make me WANT to turn away from faith. Yet there are too many things that are not explained in science to not believe in a higher power. So I just attempt to accept it, accept that I cant always get an answer or understand the reason for a certain feeling i may have! Ever since I've just accepted sadness/doubt into my life, I've become very pessimistic AND very sarcastic. So whenever i am being serious, for example, someone asked me, "how are you doing?" my response was, "I'm HORRRRRIBLE, I'm sad" I guess i subconsciously said horrible in a sarcastic tone, that my friend started laughing. I'm not afraid of telling people that im sad, but I am afraid that I'll become too vulnerable. Letting them into my life, just to see them leave with my trust. I've had times when I'm full of joy, only to find myself(minutes later) filled with hate, anger, sadness... an emotional state where if the right words were to be told to me, I could possibly start to cry. I hear people say being sad is not a good thing, my opinions changes from time to time, but my opinion is that being able to be sad, express your self in a negative way makes you a lot or a just a tad bit more open minded. Open minded to different ideas, feeling, thoughts, less judgmental. I see it as a cursed gift. If you could only see the positive in the negative from time to time, life would only be just a tad bit better.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 18, 2010
    • 05:48 AM
    Flag this Response
  • no i feel the same way i used to have a lot of friends in school but sinse i never went to college no one really talks to me or even wants to man its very depressing and hard to deal with i used to smoke the green to deal with it but recently have had bad anxiety when i smoke so i can...and my mom being an alchoholic i started drinkin but i find myself feeling so alone and deppressed....my problem is i cant find a solemate who willl love me and be with me so everytime i drink i get all sad n depressed but i have alwayz been anti-social i cant really talk to ppl(prefferably women) unless i have been drinkin then i spill my heart and i still cant have a good feeling about it cuz come the next day when im totally sober i cant really say anything i dont know what to say so i just sit at home and be alone which is VERY depressing...i hate being alone i have a few friends but they have a life with a cute women and a kid and i just wish i could be in there place and i dream about it all the time but it never happens... and i have tried getting with girls but it seems that no girl wants anything to do with me no matter what i do...idk what to do i get sad everynight feeling so alone
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 23, 2010
    • 03:50 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm only 13. I cut myself. Well, I used to. I once and awhile do now. I've got too much going on in my head for a 13 yr old girl. Wayyy too much. I think about death, how easy it would be to kill myself. I just randomly cry sometimes, at school or at home. I just don't know what to do. I kick myself all the time because of my grades. I do not want to go to a therapist. But I don't want to keep it to myself either. And my parents just don't seem to notice at all. They just think I'm a 'moody teenager'. Ugh. I want out of this. I'm so confused, lost, and lonely.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 14, 2010
    • 07:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i too am depressed and i was recently asked what do i like doing... i dont like doing anything. there is nothing... ive been soo close to attempting suicide. and i realy need help fast im worried, scared and i need somthing to cheer me up. ive been like this for over a year and have even got to the point of self harming... i realy need a way to stop all this asap because i fear the worst and im afraid to tell someone especialy people i know. ive realy been struggling these last few weeks... and its made me realize im worthless.......Hey, I used to be depressed to but harming yourself can only leed to other people being hurt to don't think of yourself in a state of suicidal attempt think of others like your family and friends. I'm 14 and I've had many close to me hurt or killed. Talk to people about your depression it will help you understand that hurting yourself is the worst decision and you will get over it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 17, 2010
    • 00:15 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey, I hope this helps:From what I have read about on the internet, it can be one of two things. Either you are in a depression or have a depression disorder (not sure how many there are out there). Personally, I have harsh depression mood swings.. Right now I am in university and in middle school (possibly grade eight) I started cutting myself but I don't remember doing it nor where I got the idea. I would NOT suggest it since its very addicting and I haven't found a substitute for it. Also someone mentioned scarring, for me personally I could care less, but it is a good reason also not to do it.Besides being in a long distance relationship along with some boyfriend issues here and there (but that's life), I get randomly depressed for no reason. Sometimes I can remember why I got depressed but it is something that normally wouldn't have an effect on me so I would say I randomly have an extremely pessimistic point of view. If I am depressed for some reason I have no self esteem whatsoever but normally my self esteem is pretty high.Symptoms like that could be Bipolar, if you aren't "in a depression" I'd suggest looking up depression disorders that might fit your symptoms. Besides a self diagnosis, going to a therapist or getting a prescription is pretty much the only way to cure things like that. Another thing to remember is puberty is a whack of hormones and being if you are a girl the depression could be from PMS/your Period. Along with that you need to think about your eating habits, exercise and other things like that can have an impact. Exercise and proper eating habits can increase your mood positively. Also any other medication could be an issue. I take birth control but I've had my problem since middle school and it hasn't changed as far as I know, but I have a friend who went something hard and taking birth control made it worse on her. Another thing is to find something you like doing while your depressed. I personally look up things like this or bipolar and after awhile I feel better. Distracting yourself by doing something or looking up your symptoms as you feel them can be helpful. Besides that just try to do things to keep yourself entertained.. Another tip is to pretend your happy, sometimes pretending long enough helps (but if you have extreme thoughts such as suicide I suggest talking to someone, even a friend helps). I also try to surround myself with people since if they are in a positive mood it affects me positively as well.I hope this helps anyone who has problems like this..If you are in a depression, solving your problem will make it go away (you may need a social worker or someone to help you through). If your not in a depression though, you will notice you have no real "reason" to be depressed. To fix this you'll need to be knowledgeable, have someone to help you through it and you might need see a therapist and/or take medication.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 27, 2010
    • 09:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I randomlly get sad from a day to day basis. Ill be happy and jumping off the walls one moment, and blocking everyone out the next. i dont know what to do, my friends are used to it but i can tell it bothers them. i try not to be like this but it just happens. what do i do...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 10, 2010
    • 02:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I know you are in difficult situation, but i think you really need to open this thing to your family and seek help from an expert therapist. If your depression is caused by chemical imbalance (physiological), you need to be treated with medication. Adolescence is a time of rapid changes. Avoid being stressed-out or be pressured by your surroundings to avoid teen depression, find a place wherein you can relax. If you go through an “up and down” mood pattern (these are longer lasting than mood swings) then maybe you are displaying signs of bipolar disorder. The “down” mood patterns can be major or relatively minor.One cause of this is a chemical imbalance in the brain. Genetics plays a role, as depression is known to be hereditary. Still another factor is outside stimuli: situations a person faces and how they deal with them.
    julianesmith 1 Replies
    • February 23, 2011
    • 00:03 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement