Discussions By Condition: Brain conditions

Severe Forgetfulness

Posted In: Brain conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 8, 2007
  • 00:21 AM

For the past several years, I have always had problems remembering things, but lately it has worsened. Days ago, I lost my keys, I cannot even recall the time of day to help me figure out where to look. Then today, I lost my ID, and didn't remember until I tried to buy something. I occasionally suffer from tinnitis and headaches. Is it something worth going to the doctor for, or is it just stress? I didn't feel stressed until I started forgetting important things.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• I would see MD and have a head scan if it is normal than that is great and if symptoms get worse later, they can compare. I have had three over 15 yrs all neg but I have the same problem and now they are looking at MS. good luck
    linda kaye 3 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 03:01 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same symptoms. I have very young children who are constantly getting themselves into trouble. They play tug of war over toys & other objects. They climb on furniture and spill things, fall down. This goes on ALL DAY LONG. I could easily blame it on the stress. but I had similar memory problems way before I was a mother. I'll misplace important things alot, my anxiety levels are high as well. Im so fatigued sometimes I can hardly make it thru the day. Ive suffered from tinnitus, and dizzy spells (among other symptoms memory disturbance being the most difficult to handle) ever since sustaining a car accident when I went unconscious for over an hour. There was no drivers side airbag and my head was hit hard by the impact of the steering wheel. Mind you , it was not a 'substance - related' accident, both parties just didnt see the other coming (in fact I won a small settlement) Ive always felt lucky to be alive. Anyway I never had any forgetfulness (at least not notable or severe) as Ive had until after that accident.
    grifrin 6 Replies Flag this Response
  • check your sodium and potassium levels. I read about your same symptoms of fatigue, tinnitus and emotional bouts. Have a test specific for these levels so they don't just chalk it up to stress,
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement