Discussions By Condition: Brain conditions

Severe Forgetfulness

Posted In: Brain conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 8, 2007
  • 00:21 AM

For the past several years, I have always had problems remembering things, but lately it has worsened. Days ago, I lost my keys, I cannot even recall the time of day to help me figure out where to look. Then today, I lost my ID, and didn't remember until I tried to buy something. I occasionally suffer from tinnitis and headaches. Is it something worth going to the doctor for, or is it just stress? I didn't feel stressed until I started forgetting important things.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• I would see MD and have a head scan if it is normal than that is great and if symptoms get worse later, they can compare. I have had three over 15 yrs all neg but I have the same problem and now they are looking at MS. good luck
    linda kaye 3 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 03:01 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same symptoms. I have very young children who are constantly getting themselves into trouble. They play tug of war over toys & other objects. They climb on furniture and spill things, fall down. This goes on ALL DAY LONG. I could easily blame it on the stress. but I had similar memory problems way before I was a mother. I'll misplace important things alot, my anxiety levels are high as well. Im so fatigued sometimes I can hardly make it thru the day. Ive suffered from tinnitus, and dizzy spells (among other symptoms memory disturbance being the most difficult to handle) ever since sustaining a car accident when I went unconscious for over an hour. There was no drivers side airbag and my head was hit hard by the impact of the steering wheel. Mind you , it was not a 'substance - related' accident, both parties just didnt see the other coming (in fact I won a small settlement) Ive always felt lucky to be alive. Anyway I never had any forgetfulness (at least not notable or severe) as Ive had until after that accident.
    grifrin 6 Replies Flag this Response
  • check your sodium and potassium levels. I read about your same symptoms of fatigue, tinnitus and emotional bouts. Have a test specific for these levels so they don't just chalk it up to stress,
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement