Discussions By Condition: Thyroid conditions

Neuropsychiatric Systems in Hypothyroidism

Posted In: Thyroid conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 7, 2007
  • 04:33 PM

What is going on? I used to be a highly motivated, get-things-done sort of person. Now I am unable to stay focused, complete tasks, finish projects and often slump into what seems to be a manic, frozen-like state of depression. Have been on meds for one week after being diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Will these impairments disappear once the medication begins to work? What is going on with my brain? What research is available to explain what is taking place within me?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Well they will dissapper after you have been on the right dosage of medication. Right now I hav been on meds since Sept. 06 and SOME of my symptoms have gone, but I was upped to high of a dose a few months back and now I have other symptoms that replaced my previous. I have already been through 3 different dose changes. Currently am waiting for my next appointment with endo. My last levels we normal, but I still feel icky. Hopefully you won't have the same problem. A wonderful website to look at is endocrineweb.comthis is a good site to look up information on.Also www.thyroidhost.probards30.com is a wonderful place you can ask questions or just read posts. Everyone there has a thyroid problem of some kid, and are so willing to help you understand your disease. They also try to help you understand your labs. Hope you feel better soon, and maybe I'll see you there.:o
    crazybrazy 30 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 00:48 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for the words of encouragement and the websites. You were very helpful.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 07:07 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement