Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Male Cellulite

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 6, 2007
  • 02:48 AM

I'm a 29 year old male with large amounts of cellulite all over my inner thighs and butt. I've been this way since I was fifteen, but didn't think it meant anything more than just ugly looking skin. But I've read recently that this may be due to a hormonal imbalance. Unfortunately, it'll be a while before I can get some tests done to know for sure.

What do you guys think?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Do you eat foods with a lot of salt and are inactive? That could be the cause, or if your job involves a lot of sitting/standing. Try to walk 30 minutes a day and eat more fruits than vegetables and keep the amount of salt you eat low.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 6, 2007
    • 07:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Well, my job does have me sitting down most of the time and I probably take in more salt than I should, but I am skeptical that is the cause. After all, back when this first developed on my body I was a rather slim and active youth with low salt intake and a balanced diet. Which to me sounds like something more is going on than my present salt intake and lack of exercise.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 6, 2007
    • 07:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • same problem, I'm an active youth but terrible cellulite. Never thought anything of it until recently. I was also wondering about the hormones because it would make much more sense. Do you think that it is worth going to the doctor for??
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 26, 2008
    • 00:35 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement