Discussions By Condition: Urinary conditions

Urinary/solids in urine

Posted In: Urinary conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 26, 2006
  • 10:55 PM

There is an unusual dark mixture in my urine. It settles to the bottom almost instantly. I have been treated with URI antibiotics several times. Has anyone experienced solids in urine? Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I have had a simular situation... i am a type 2 diabetic... if i drink sugar products like.... coke, I find solids in my urine when i urinate.I can feel them pass... and they look like small blood clots.I am not sure what it is... Anyone else had this?
    MGCINT 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I too have unusual deposits in urine. I have defussed Sjogren's Syndrome causing neurogenic bladder along with many others problems. I have to self cath 4x per day. Since my badder doesn't empty during normal peeing I don't see anything in the toilet bowl. After self catheterization I do see a dark cloud in my urine as well as deposits on the bottom of the bowl that appear like clumps of fiberous material clinging together. They are dark yellow. Describing them is most difficult.I'm 62 and I've had UTI for years; lots and lots of antibiotics, lots of test by urologists who desided self cath is the answer. Every urine test I'm pos. Finally I ended up in Infecious Disease department and was told don't worry about the UTIs unless I have a primary symptom. Still I'm concerned about the fiberious stuff.What do you think?Thanks, Jamie Marie
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement