Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

5 years of bladder problems, please help me...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Lilith
  • February 1, 2007
  • 08:48 AM

Hi, I am really desperate, as I cannot sleep properly. This is due to urinary frequency, whereby I am woken up 4 sometimes 5 times a night to use the bathroom. My bladder is always full, I experience no pain, except cramps in my abdomen from holding urine in, and have had all manner of tests in the past 5 years. It started 5 years ago when I was at university, and as a result I have poor sight, weigh about 6 1/2 stone, and I cannot stay alseep for more than 2/3 hours at a time. This is destroying me, I am exhausted, have no appetite and am seriously depressed. I have aged dramatically over the past 5 years, my face is drawn and my eyes have permanent dark circles. The doctors have been no help, sticking me on endless waiting lists for therapies that have not helped, and no-one seems to understand what I have to live with. The only way I can get to sleep without needing to urinate is by jambing a HAIRBRUSH in my side, to push on the nerves and numb the urge!! I know this sounds stupid, but If anyone can help me, or explain what has happened to my bladder/nerves, then please, please please-I'm desperate for a cure so I can live a normal life.

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• hifrequency has alot of causes. do you take any drug like fuextin or other antidepresan drugs?what is your gender?was your urine examined?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 1, 2007
    • 06:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had the same problem a few years ago. I suggest you see a urologist. A urologist is a doctor that specializes in urinary problems. It does not matter if you are a man or a woman.I have overactive bladder and I experienced the same problems. I take the prescription drug Ditropan. It calms the bladder. In overactive bladder your bladder is constantly contracting. The prescription drug Ditropan relaxes the bladder muscles.I live in New Jersey. I hope this is of help.Good Luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 2, 2007
    • 00:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi,In Chinese Medicine, urinary frequency is due to kidney deficiency, and night urination is usually due to kidney yang deficiency. This also manifests as dark circles under the eyes, fatique, and low back pain... Please try to find an acupuncturist near you who specializes in Chinese medicinals. Herbs are extremely helpful when combined with acupuncture to treat urinary frequency. When Western doctors offer you no help, it's time to try an alternative approach! If you can't find one near you please try www.acufinder.com- I think they may also have listings in England, but am not sure. You need to give yourself time to heal, as you have a chronic condition. Most people feel an immediate difference with this problem, so I can't recommend it highly enough! Hope this helps.DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 2, 2007
    • 02:31 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I know what you'er going through. This problem started when I started university. It affects my concentration during the day, because I'm so tired and fatigued. Every night, I have to get up to go pee, and it isn't pretty.I have no idea what it could be either. I'm going to the doctor to get a referral to a urologist. I think I might have damaged nerves.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 3, 2007
    • 01:58 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Many people (especially women) get very iritated bladders from bacteria that get into the bladder from the tiny amounts of feces from the anal area. Labs are NOT set up to successfully identify MANY bacteria that do end up in your urine in the bladder. The distance between the anus (that has a certain amount of poo form having a bowel movement) and the labia is very short. The bacteria from the poo easily gets into the urethra and up into the bladder. THIS WILL HELP ---- Dab instead of wiping so that you don't spread it around after a bowel movement AND AND AND - you MUST shower soon after your bowel movement USING a personal shower head - this is a shower head that is on the end of a flexible hose so that you can direct the water spray on your crotch. Thoroughly rinse your anus, then while holding the labia apart, thoroughly rinse the vaginal opening, the uretheral area which goes to the bladder (the urtheral opening is just above the vaginal opening - but it is a very thin slit that you cannot see unless you squat over a mirror and pee to see where the urine comes out). After rinsing thoroughly, then soap up and rinse again. Find a soap that doe not irritate the urethral opening. Using a shower that just trickles from above will never do the job ! TRUST ME - you cannot rely on normal laboratory work to find even horrible infections. Even low grade bladder infections will cause URINARY FREQUENCY and so-called "overactive bladder". This is most likely a baldder that has been damaged from constant lowgrade infection. Your bladder can recover over time if you take care of it. Artificial sweetners can really bother the bladder. WHile your bladder is being irritable, avoid acidic foods like tomato products, cherries - as they will really aggravate a already hurt bladder. There are women whose bladders can withstand large amounts of these fecal bacteria without a problem - so don't let anyone tell you that you could not have this vulnerability just becasue they do not. Showering after bms is common knowledge among many women. Doctors are generally know-nothing idiots about this. Please try it and give your bladder time to heal as it stops being exposed to harmful bacteria.Good luck,Tanya
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 3, 2007
    • 00:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i have the same bladder problems my friend, i know EXACTLY (and i'm going to repeat to emphasize how much i can relate) EXACTLY how you feel. It's to the point that im going to kill myself. literally. I cannot drink beer or anything without having to pee and sitting down and 30 seconds later having to pee. I seriously think that i could win the world record for most *****s in a day. It's so serious that i just don't understand the point or anything of how it's like this. I won't drink anything near the time i go to sleep and i'll end up getting up around 7 or 8 times a night to pee. It's so sever that i just carry a cup around every where I go just to pee in. I have a high sense of paranoia about being around people and doing things and driving places now just because i know that im gonna have to pee a ****load of times while this is happening. Also, when i wake up, having not dranken anything except from the night before i'll still be having to go urinate. I'll just keep urinating throughout the day even tho i haven't even drank anything. On top of that whenever im about to have sex with a girl i keep having to go to the bathroom before hand to make sure i get all the pee out before i go at it with her. I went to the emergency room numerous amounts of times just because i can't relax and not stop going. it's so horrible it's a nightmare people, i envy all of you who can just go to the bathroom 8 times or so a day. I would do anything to be you. I'm a good looking guy, been on the football team in highschool, and i get a ****load of ladies, but still i'd do anything to be anyone who can have a bladder so strong enough to urinate just 8 times a day. I want to kill myself now and for the past year or so this has been going on. This is so miserable i can't even sit down for a few minutes at a time without having to go again. I've tried everything, drank cranberry juice to taking meds for my bladder. all the meds seemed to do was relax my bladder so much that i couldn't even urinate, so i stopped taking them. I can't obtain a job, the last two I had to quit just because of this problem. I'm basically locking myself in a room all day with a big bucket to pee in every minute or so (when it's at it's worst, theres been a couple times where it would be a little better). But i've tried so many things, it doesn't matter trying to help it anymore i just want to die. so after saying this goodluck to the all of you.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement