Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

5 years of bladder problems, please help me...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Lilith
  • February 1, 2007
  • 08:48 AM

Hi, I am really desperate, as I cannot sleep properly. This is due to urinary frequency, whereby I am woken up 4 sometimes 5 times a night to use the bathroom. My bladder is always full, I experience no pain, except cramps in my abdomen from holding urine in, and have had all manner of tests in the past 5 years. It started 5 years ago when I was at university, and as a result I have poor sight, weigh about 6 1/2 stone, and I cannot stay alseep for more than 2/3 hours at a time. This is destroying me, I am exhausted, have no appetite and am seriously depressed. I have aged dramatically over the past 5 years, my face is drawn and my eyes have permanent dark circles. The doctors have been no help, sticking me on endless waiting lists for therapies that have not helped, and no-one seems to understand what I have to live with. The only way I can get to sleep without needing to urinate is by jambing a HAIRBRUSH in my side, to push on the nerves and numb the urge!! I know this sounds stupid, but If anyone can help me, or explain what has happened to my bladder/nerves, then please, please please-I'm desperate for a cure so I can live a normal life.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement