Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Totally confused

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 30, 2007
  • 05:55 PM

This is the first time I have participated in a thread like this. However, I am tired of going to the Doctors only to be made to feel like a hyperchondriac. So here are my symptoms; We know that I have some sort of inflamatory arthritis and I am on methotrexate (+ANA and elevated ESR). However, I am not completely convinced that this is all that is wrong. Aside from my painful and swollen joints, I often wake up (out of a sound sleep) smelling something. It could be coffee or sometimes I smell smoke and other times it just smells awful. I am the only one who smells it and I can never find a reason. I also get dizzy (not always at the same time as the smell) even when i am just laying down. Kinda feels like the room is spining. Lately the left ear has been hurting, ringing and often feels "clogged". I don't have a fever and I don't feel sick. I do have excess mucous in my throat which causes me to be constantly clearing it. When I consulted the Doc he did a chest xray (which was clear) and sent me on my way. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement