Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Totally confused

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 30, 2007
  • 05:55 PM

This is the first time I have participated in a thread like this. However, I am tired of going to the Doctors only to be made to feel like a hyperchondriac. So here are my symptoms; We know that I have some sort of inflamatory arthritis and I am on methotrexate (+ANA and elevated ESR). However, I am not completely convinced that this is all that is wrong. Aside from my painful and swollen joints, I often wake up (out of a sound sleep) smelling something. It could be coffee or sometimes I smell smoke and other times it just smells awful. I am the only one who smells it and I can never find a reason. I also get dizzy (not always at the same time as the smell) even when i am just laying down. Kinda feels like the room is spining. Lately the left ear has been hurting, ringing and often feels "clogged". I don't have a fever and I don't feel sick. I do have excess mucous in my throat which causes me to be constantly clearing it. When I consulted the Doc he did a chest xray (which was clear) and sent me on my way. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement