Discussions By Condition: Female sexual conditions

UTI's, Ovarian Cysts and L.Q.Abdominal Swelling

Posted In: Female sexual conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 22, 2006
  • 07:17 AM

I’ve got a difficult question, so let me explain. I found out a week ago from my doctor that sent me for Ultrasounds, that I have a large cyst in my right ovary and several smaller ones in my left ovary. Blood work also indicated a slightly high white blood cell count, whatever that means. However the earliest appointment I could get, due to being on government assistance, isn’t until the first week of August.
However I can’t help but feel there’s more going on and I’m not getting anywhere because I’m not asking the doctors the right questions or something. So on that note, is there somehow a connection between these strange symptoms I’ve been having these past three months?

My symptoms as of now that are the most noticeable are swelling in my left hip area (kind of around the area of my hip bone, making it hard to tell that I have a bone there… I’m also 5’2 and usually98lbs, but have dropped about ten of those), along with the area feeling slightly tender when I sit, or lay on that side. It also seems to get worse when I consume food or beverages, which also makes my stomach bloat or swell making me feel full quickly and resulting in a diminished appetite.
I’ve also been feeling very tired lately, even though I sleep relatively well, despite the random hot flashes I get when I’m sleeping (usually I stay fairly chilly, always blamed it on bad circulation, but now I sweat at night) as well as throughout the day and I’ve just got a general feeling of aches all over (kind of like you do when you have the flu or something). At least once a day I’ll get a stabbing pain in my lower pelvic area, but it doesn’t seem anyway associated with the swelling. I’ve also been urinating a lot more frequently, as well as being on the border of diarrhea (for a week now). I’ve also noticed these last few days that my bottom lip keeps splitting, and I’m wondering if that has something to do with everything else.

I had symptoms of a UTI back in April, but it didn’t end up getting treated until they returned the following month in May. In June a home screening test for UTI’s sent me searching for another doctor, which I finally found the first week of July after just having severe abdominal/ pelvic pains, bloating, nausea and diarrhea. Finally I managed to obtain an ultrasound that revealed the cysts, but they said everything else looked normal.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement