Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Bathroom nightmare

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 10 Replies
  • Posted By: waydon
  • January 23, 2007
  • 04:10 AM

I have been going to doctors for the last 3 years trying to find out why I have bowel movements that are soft and last for at least half a hour.I spend all this time and end up raw.My movements pile up in a hugh ****d like cow plops.At time the explode all over the place with violent gas.Nothing I take helps.It just get worse.I had my gall bladder out in my forties.I,m now sixty -two.Is this normal???

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• check your pancreas
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 23, 2007
    • 09:01 AM
    Flag this Response
  • What test? Check for what?:confused:
    waydon 3 Replies
    • January 23, 2007
    • 01:30 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I would get a blood test for antigliadin antibodies. Its called a Celiac panel. They can tell if you have what is actually a commonly occuring but rarely diagnosed food intolerence. It destroys gallbladders quickly and can lead to the digestive issues you're experiencing. It is usually misdiagnosed as a disfunction of one of the affected organs but a strict diet can relieve many of the associated problems and allow the body to heal.
    Azaral 152 Replies
    • January 23, 2007
    • 02:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Do you have a history of antibiotic use? I will assume they did a full stool test, but often they do not check for candida or c. difficile. If you used even one dose of antibiotics in the past it could be causing this problem. Some antibiotics cause pseudomembranous colitis and c. difficile infection. These specifically needs to be tested in your stool. Also, you may have candida overload causing your symptoms... I agree it could also be celiac. They should do more tests:1. celiac2. Candida3. C. difficile bacteria The best treatment in my view is to treat naturally, not with meds. Buy the best quality probiotic you can afford and take a double dose. This will help build up your intestinal flora. Also, if you can find an acupuncturist who specializes in Chinese herbal medicine it will help as well. I cleared up my severe pseudomembaneous colitis with Chinese herbs - they really work. Hope this helps.Doctor of Oriental Medicine
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • January 23, 2007
    • 03:01 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks/I beleive I've had that test.Negative.I'm going to check with my doctor up north.Have him send me the list of tests I did have.
    waydon 3 Replies
    • January 23, 2007
    • 03:01 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been going to doctors for the last 3 years trying to find out why I have bowel movements that are soft and last for at least half a hour.I spend all this time and end up raw.My movements pile up in a hugh ****d like cow plops.At time the explode all over the place with violent gas.Nothing I take helps.It just get worse.I had my gall bladder out in my forties.I,m now sixty -two.Is this normal???These should help, regardless:* Learn the acid/alkaline diet*Learn Food Combining *Do not consume dairy, do not eat wheat, avoid sugar.*Do not eat processed food.*Do not eat artificial sweetener, colors, flavors.*Take Probiotic- take more than the dosage, as some of the cultures died before consumed. *Take a complete food enzyme with every meal*You may have yeast, parasites, or fungus. Take a dietary supplement tablet of grapefruit seed extract. Up to 600mg a day in an empty stomach.* Eat 80% of your food raw, or as much as possible.*Take 2 spoons of flaxseed oil daily with a meal.*Do not consumed more than 35 grams of protein a day.*Drink lots of water.http://www.beyondhealth.com/articles/food-combining.htmTake Care.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 23, 2007
    • 03:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • What are Probotics?Where do I get them?:confused:
    waydon 3 Replies
    • January 28, 2007
    • 01:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Probiotics replace the natural flora and fauna in your gut. There are several types available and it can get expensive. You may just be having problems related to having your gall bladder removed. Both my mom and my husband have experienced similar things after having theirs removed, but not to the extent that you've described. They also have problems mainly after eating particularly fatty food. As for ending up "raw", I recommend looking into getting Charmin Plus with Lotion. It's favored by Crohn's disease patients everywhere and helps greatly (according to my husband) with keeping your nether regions from getting as sore.
    bugdog 14 Replies
    • January 28, 2007
    • 01:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • What are Probotics?Where do I get them?:confused:The best brand is Beyondhealth.com brand, Digesta Guard.Probiotics is the opposite to Antibiotics.Probiotics are friendly bacteria. They live inside our intestines- but sometimes we take medications that kill our good friendly bacteria, so you have to take capsules of them, so they can grow in your gut and help you digest food.Those probiotics do many good things in our gut.You can also buy them at the health store- they need to be kept in a cool place.Maybe you could also get digestive enzymes.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 28, 2007
    • 06:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • There is a great product called Tahitian Noni Juice. You must make sure you get the original not a copycat. You can order it from iluvnoni.com.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 28, 2007
    • 08:25 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement