Discussions By Condition: Knee conditions

leg vibration

Posted In: Knee conditions 446 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 22, 2007
  • 02:39 AM

over the past week, i have noticed a vibration in my left leg, as if i am standing next to a dryer and can feel the vibration from the machine. It goes off and on throughout the day(and night i think), reguardless of whether i am laying down, standing up, what ever. There is no pain, just very annoying. at the moment, i might just wait and see if it continues for another week, then go see my dr. the only thing i can think of that i have been doing different, is taking a muliti vitamin. any suggestions(other than stop taking the mulit vitamin--im gonna do that)?

Reply Flag this Discussion
  • I have had the same thing happening in my foot. It comes and goes. Like you said, it is not painful, but it is very annoying! I have never heard of this before.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 24, 2007
    • 04:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same problem...I am 54 and it has really become annoying. I am healthy, eat healthy take suppliments (vitamins.) and it is my left leg....I will see a doc tomorrow and get their take on it...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 29, 2007
    • 10:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I get that too, in my knees and legs. It almost feels like the bones are passing gas.
    WalkingDead 1 Replies
    • January 30, 2007
    • 02:43 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I thought that I was going crazy and even as I tried to explain it to my husband he gave me a cynical eye since he could not feel the vibration from the outside. It's mainly in the top of my foot, in my ankle, and then up inside my lower leg.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 30, 2007
    • 05:02 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i originally posted this topic. i went to see a doctor, he wasnt sure what it was, but told me to exercise and keep hydrated. Since then, the vibration slowly went away, not sure why because i havnt done much different since it started. FYI: i am a 20 year old male working a part time job and a full time student. my blood pressure is a little high (in part to genetics) but i am in decent shape (6'2", 165). He figured i have been a little stressed out and that it could have just been building up, he recommended i begin excercising, starting out slow, as well as stop drinking caffeine. i dont drink coffee, but as of last week, i no longer drink soda and i am going to start running this friday and will keep running 3 times a week. hope this helps anyone sharing the same feeling, and best of luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 1, 2007
    • 03:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm a37yo female also having the same problem in my right lower leg, the strangest feeling, I dont think it has anything to do with blood pressure as I have a low BP which is normal for me. I briefly talked to a DR at work as I am a nurse, and says it could possibly be circulatory problem, which makes some sense for me as I am on my feet all day, and it also almost feels like something going through the veins. But I'm glad its not just me that feels it. :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 2, 2007
    • 06:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I Googled "vibrations in foot leg" and this was the top hit. Here is what has happened and is happening now. The best I can describe it is that it feels like my cell phone is on vibrate only and is "ringing." The first time I felt this it was on my right thigh where I use to keep my cell phone. Drove me crazy! Because there was no phone call. But it starts and stops just like an incoming call. This was months ago. It stopped.Today, it is in my left foot. And I almost NEVER keep my phone in my left sock. At least I'm not mistaking it for an incoming call! At first I thought there were vibrations under the pavement at the gas station I was at. But I only felt it in my left foot. And of course it continued when I got in my car and is still going on now. Its only annoying/curious. I'm glad (for some unexplainable reason) that there are other vibrating-body-parts people out there. At least we can all be glad that it isn't our eyeballs that are wigging out. Of course now that I mention it, my right eyelid recently had a couple days of rebellious twitching. Flicking it with my finger only tended to upset my actual eyeball, so I stopped flicking it.BTW, I'm a 38 year old male. I do drink coffee as well as smoke. Not good, but so enjoyable. Well, the coffee is anyway.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 2, 2007
    • 00:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Not sure if this applies to everyone here that has posted, but I have at least found another forum that sounds a lot like my symptoms...http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic14052.htmlI'm going to test the mind over matter theory. I'm going to place my cell phone in my underwear and try to truly believe someone is calling me. I'll do this for at least a week and let ya'll know what happens. Heck, maybe I'll post my cell number here and try to truly believe all of you will call me. Worst case scenario, you all WILL call me, and I'll enjoy things for reasons that need not be posted. Call, hangup, repeat.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 2, 2007
    • 01:18 PM
    Flag this Response
  • The best I can describe it is that it feels like my cell phone is on vibrate only and is "ringing." The first time I felt this it was on my right thigh where I use to keep my cell phone. Drove me crazy! Because there was no phone call. But it starts and stops just like an incoming call.this is exactly what happens to me. i was told by my doc that its nothing to worry about as long as it doesnt interfere with daily life. he said its like having a facial tic. so i stopped worrying.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 2, 2007
    • 09:35 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I too thought I was going crazy - I was sitting there at work - when my cell phone in my pocket went off on vibrate. Guess what - no cell phone in my pocket. It has only been a couple of days and it helps to know I am not the only one. Mine is somewhat rhythmic - and is annoying. Perhaps I will give up caffeine and start exercising. BTW - I am a 42 year old female.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 4, 2007
    • 05:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • HELLO TO ALLI have for the past week been experiencing vibrations in my left leg just behind my knee. It is driving me crazy and I am wondering what it can be. I have it all day and night and doesnt go away. I wonder if it is the moving of blood I am feeling. Could it be a narrowing of the arteries in the leg?Is there anyone out there who thinks they know what it could be?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 5, 2007
    • 02:05 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Kride.... although all our symptoms are annoying, your view made me think a little less of them, thanks for making me smile!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 03:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Okay. I just google'd "left foot vibration" and this was the first site that came up.I am spooked by this. Just a little over 20 minutes ago this vibration started. I was laying in bed. Me and my girl has just finish having intercourse. I suddenly felt a vibration in my left heel. The best way I can describe it is like if my cell phone was on the bed and next to my foot and it virbating due to an icoming call. Or like a cat purring on the bed and I can feel it in my left heel since it was the point of contact on the bed. But no cat or cell phone. I tried to fall asleep and it keeps on vibration on and off. It virbartes for like 1-2 seconds and then it goes off. Then comes back after 2-3 seconds. I can't feel the vibration outside of the foot or heel. Someone else mentioned it here, butit feels like I can feel the blood "trying to flow through my heel. However, the vibration patttern is not in frequency or duty cycle of my heart beat. No matter what positon or what I do, it still vibrate. laying down, stnading on it, elevated or even my applying pressure on it with my hands. That is the akward part as my hands don't even feel it outside of the foot. My feet are always cold so it might be due to poor circulation. What spooks me is that its on my left side.It is very annoying and I am spooked out by it. It has never happened until tonight. Has anyone elses vibration subsided?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 11, 2007
    • 02:24 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Well what the heck is this. I have been looking for the past three days trying to figure out why it feels like there is a sm vibrating cell phone in my left foot. Im 25F, dont smoke, occasionally have some wine, and healthy....not overweight or anything. It happened three days ago and wont stop. I feel like I want to break my foot off! It doesnt hurt at all its just the most annoying....and scary thing ever. I do think the vibrating is fading but im not sure. I have done everything too....foot rubs....heating pads.....baths.....nothing nothing nothing works. I dont want to go to the doctor because I know they will say.....gee Im not sure....and charge me 100 bucks. I did start drinking pop again....a few weeks ago but its hard for me to believe that drinking some pop every once in a while is going to make my foot go crazy.....I dunno.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 22, 2007
    • 05:18 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Wow, I had the same thing happen to me the last few days! Felt like my cell phone was going off in my right pocket. I'm 37 m overall in good health, don't smoke or drink much pop. Yet last few weeks been stressed out with work...but relaxed now and does the vibration through my leg every now and then...is it cell phone vibrating cancer?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 24, 2007
    • 08:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • OMG i feel so much better knowing Im not alone with this leg vibration! Like a rhythmic soft buzzing in my left leg and foot. I've tried really hard to feel it from the outside with my hands, and I can't feel it except from the inside of my leg. Im a very healthy youthful 50-year old woman, no smoke/drink/sugar etc, exercise, plenty of sleep and so forth. Normal blood pressure,good cholesterol, etc. Maybe we could all be a bit organized and stick together to try to find clues and share them here. I appreciated the people who got info from doctors, tho the docs seem equally mystified. I will google and report back if I find anything, like others have done. THANK YOU ALL! Don't go away. We will figure this out!Mine DID seem to begin (this round, at least--I've had it before) immediately after some heavier exercise/lifting boxes. I'd suspect a nerve, but which nerve is it? It's not the sciatic nerve, wrong place.Im starting to think the alien implants are revving up and we're all about to be beamed up to the mothership. JUST kidding!!!One good thing is it feels likes a leg massage. But I want it to stop. It's freaking me out.Does yours become much more noticeable when you lie down? Could this be some crazy twist on restless leg syndrome? Doubtful.Well, here's to all the zzzz zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz buzzing leg friends out there! Let's figure it out, okay?Bookmark this page and don't lose track of us.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 28, 2007
    • 04:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Both me and my husband have gotten the leg vibratons so i know i'm not going crazy! it has gone away on both of us. we had it togehter past summer just like what they said about it feeling like my cell phone was on vibrate. thought we were going crazy. think its just nerves showing up in odd places!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 28, 2007
    • 11:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • does it start in your chest then go down to your left leg??????i want to know what it is.......
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • i never had the buzzing coming from the chest, just the leg like a cell phone vibrating. Have not had it since the summer when i did alot more walking so i'm going to say its some nerve in the leg doing this from some "overuse"??????? (except my husband has it and he doesn't "overuse" .....hahah
  • omg, im so glad we're not all losing it, i started getting these wierd like a ''gentle buzzing'' sensation, or like my knee is passing gas or something! in the bottoms of my feet and in my knee, it comes and goes every few months, sometimes it feels like the earth is shaking underneath me, or like i am feeling the vibration of something in the ground... so maybe it is nothing to worry about...i wonder what it is!!! 28 m 5'10 130lbs i've been to the doc, and they don't know anything about this!! oh well, hopefully its nothing~!
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement