Discussions By Condition: Thyroid conditions

Does this happen to anyone else?

Posted In: Thyroid conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 21, 2007
  • 08:08 PM

I think I have hypothyroidism, but my MD only checked the TSH level which was around 5, and just said "see you in 6 months." No free T3 or T4 or anything. I'm planning on having those checked out soon by someone else. I've been feeling dizzy since August, with constantly cold hands and feet, shortness of breath, etc..

I went to an ENT, they did an ENG test and found nothing wrong with my ears that would cause balance problems or anything. I don't think it's anxiety, as I've been seeing a psychologist once I started having these symptoms.

What really scares me is that when I'm walking around, my legs kind of feel.. I don't know how to describe it.. they feel like jello or something. Not really wobbly to the point where I fall over, but they just seem a tiny bit off-balance. I'm worried that I'll get into a public place and just fall over and not be able to get back up or something. Anyone else feel the same?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Also, I've gained a single pound from my usual weight, so my MD didn't think it was my thyroid. :[
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 21, 2007
    • 08:27 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I don't think it is your thyroid either.I think your immune system is stressed out. You have to detox before your level of toxicity kicks your liver.Did you read the post on the guy who passed out at the pet store?They could not find a thing with him.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 21, 2007
    • 08:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Maybe you have iron deficiency anemia...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 12, 2007
    • 10:05 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement