Discussions By Condition: Urinary conditions

Urethra pain, 14 weeks pregnant. Cant find the cause?

Posted In: Urinary conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 19, 2007
  • 05:21 PM

I have been to the doctor about 4 times and have been treated for BV. I have also been treated for a yeast infection. They have teasted me for a UTI but they keep coming up nagtive!!

I have all the signs of a UTI but when they treated me for it and nothing got better:(
I would really like to enjoy my prenancy and have sex again. PLEASE help!

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I know how you feel. I've been to both my urologist and ob with no luck. I'm 18 weeks pregnant with my second child. I've been treated with antibiotics and it did not help. First they thought it was a hernia or diverticulum...ruled that out with a cystoscopy. Now they think it may be a vericose vein in the urethra or vagina but can't do an MRI until 3rd trimester. I burn during urination and even when I'm not urinating. I always know that the pain is there. Its very painful and sex is out of the question because the area swells especially in the evening sometimes pushing the urethra off center and I urinate at an angle. I'm on tylenol 3 to try and help the pain but it doesn't seem to be helping that much. I hope someone out there has another idea.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 26, 2007
    • 03:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Please visit the post on bacterial vaginosis and try inserting the yogurt/probiotic in your vagina. Very helpful for rebalancing your flora, which has been ravaged due to your western BV and yeast treatments. Insert a probiotic at night, and take one orally as well. This helped me tremendously when I was pregnant, and got sick from the Flagyl they gave me. It helps for bacteria, yeast, and fungus. Please try it!Best wishes.DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 26, 2007
    • 05:24 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement