Discussions By Condition: Pregnancy

No heartbeat

Posted In: Pregnancy 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 18, 2007
  • 03:09 AM

I went today for my first ultrasound. My LMP was 11/10/06 so this puts me at around 9 weeks. I have not even met with my doctor yet, but they sent me across town to get it done. A nurse preformed the ultrasound and said absolutely nothing to me the entire time. She didn't even let me see, although my husband was able to get a glimpse from across the room. She told me I was done and the doctor would call me if needed. Well the doctor's nurse did call and said that no heartbeat was detected, even though there was an embryo present. She says I'm possibly miscarrying, and I had blood work done today to check my hormone levels. I've had no bleeding, spotting, or cramping.

I guess I have two questions about this. The first is has anyone had an ultrasound with no heartbeat that later turns out okay? And the second is, is this silent treatment from the doctor, and the ultrasound tech normal? Should I look at finding a different doctor and get another ultrasound? (guess that was more than two questions)

Thanks!!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement