Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Is this diabetic neuropathy or B12 deficiency?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Cathryes
  • January 17, 2007
  • 03:01 AM

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if what I have is diabetic neuropathy or a B-12 deficiency.

About me:
Im 33
Im male
I am a diabete
I also a bi-latteral amputtee( from a fire not from being a diabete )
Ive had c5 - c6 fused.
My sugars have been 80-100 since ive been put on actos. Since ive found i was diabetic its been controlled

My problem:
The problem started on christmas with just my arms being warm but went away. About a week ago it started back up and now its all of my body.
I have total body numbness, tingling, and or warming effect. It goes from legs to my head. I mean most of my body even my back and privite parts
I have a spilting headache that feels like I have a vice grip on it.
Ive also feel weak in my legs and arms.
The tip of my tougue is swore: like its numb and has a burning sensation when i eat/drink anything cold or hot. ( I didnt burn it either)

So I was wondering if diabetic neuropathy would effect my whole body like this or does b12 deficiency fit?

My doctor doesnt want to even consider anything else since I am a diabedic. But from what ive read online diabetic neuropathy should manly effect my legs and arms not my whole body.

Thank you
Garrett

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement