Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

urinary infection

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 15, 2007
  • 06:07 AM

My girlfriend has painfull passing, blood, frequency, and a foul smell about her urine. I looked it up and I think it's just a bladder infection. If anyone has any other info or cures that would help greatly, she is kinda a wuss when it comes to being sick or in pain so if anyone just has anything that should help her sleep tonight so she can check out the doc in the morning that would be great.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Maybe she is not a wuss. Did you ever have a bladder infection or kidney stones when you do you will see the kind of pain it is. Get her to a doctor see if its an infection ask for a urine culture in case the urine is negative she still could have one and if it continues and she is not getting help the condition I have has teh foul smell and the urine will not have infection just all the pain of one and more. it is comon inmen and women not contagious but rarer. It is called Interstial cystits and is often dismissed as its all inyour head. Hope this helps.
    nccarol28732 44 Replies
    • January 15, 2007
    • 11:26 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Mild urinary tract infections can be treated with some natural remedies, however serious infection require antibiotics. So I think she should go to doctor. Moreover, in rare cases UTI can be caused by Chlamydia and Mycoplasma, which are STD infections. There are some tips on UTIs at the bottom of this page: http://www.healthassist.net/conditions/uti-management.shtml
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2007
    • 02:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am going to go with a kidney stone bc usually a bladder infections doesnt cause bledding. If you still think that it is try cranberry juice with no sweetner until she can get into see a dr. she needs antibodics.
    lizzi9983 35 Replies
    • January 19, 2007
    • 05:03 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement