Discussions By Condition: Medical Errors

MISDIAGNOSIS has caused a NIGHTMARE

Posted In: Medical Errors 1 Replies
  • Posted By: dudbubbin1
  • January 14, 2007
  • 09:55 PM

i was misdiagnosed with a mental illness in 2000 & i TRUSTED the diagnosis- i didnt figure it out until 2006!! this time passing caused OTHER MEDICAL PROBLEMS to go untreated, and in one case the pills they gave me for the "mental illness" i never had CAUSED ME TO GET FAT (its ONE side effect of those pills). this FAT caused SLEEP APNEA which went UNTREATED for 4 years- consequently UNTREATED SLEEP APNEA causes a HOST of OTHER MEDICAL PROBLEMS which i've lived with for 4 years!!! AHH!! what a nightmare!!

as a result, i've had crying episodes which are sometimes SO BAD i've LOST MY APPETITE for weeks!! (like YESTERDAY!).

though i'm not seeing THAT doctor anymore, ive had to put up with the UNTREATED SLEEP APNEA & it's MEDICAL COMPLICATIONS.

it HELPS though that in a week, i'll FINALLY get the red-tape process going where i can get delivered to my home the OXYGEN MASK sleep apnea patients have to wear at night. THIS IS A RELIEF, but till i have it in MY HANDS, i have to LIVE THROUGH MORE SYMPTOMS!! AHH! this FACT has taken its EMOTIONAL TOLL on me- it's like some nightmare!- all because i TRUSTED that original MISDIAGNOSIS!!- i've paid for that mistake!! OH BOY!!

as a result of whats happened to me, i've come up with an ACTION PLAN so i NEVER just BLINDLY TRUST a doctor again without double-checking EVERYTHING!! there's NO WAY i'll let that happen again!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Dear Dudbubbin - My deepest sympathy for your ordeal. So many docs turn to the old "must be in your head" diagnosis when they run out of medical ideas. I hope by this time you have your CPAP and a little peace of mind - at least allowing you to get some rest. Best of luck to you in your ongoing struggle.
    inchhighpe 5 Replies
    • January 29, 2007
    • 01:16 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement