Discussions By Condition: Back conditions

Minor Scoliosis

Posted In: Back conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 28, 2010
  • 08:44 PM

Hi all,

I had be experience lower right back pain and feeling numb etc. Tingling and pins and needles in my right leg.

I got the results today and was told I have minor lumbar scoliosis concave to the right.
The doctor did explain it about my spine being tilted to the right and that I need to lose weight.

Can someone explain scoliosis?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Hi all, I had be experience lower right back pain and feeling numb etc. Tingling and pins and needles in my right leg. I got the results today and was told I have minor lumbar scoliosis concave to the right.The doctor did explain it about my spine being tilted to the right and that I need to lose weight. Can someone explain scoliosis? A scoliosis is simply a curvature of the spine so that instead of your spine being straight when viewed from behind it is either a C or S shape. These are very common, often due to muscle imbalances associated with being either R) or L) hand dominant. It can also be caused by a range of other conditions such as joint sprains / disc bulges often with associated muscle spasm. A slight scoliosis typically wouldn't cause the pain, pins and needles and numbness you describe, although it may be associated with your symptoms. I would recommend seeing a physiotherapist for accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment. Some of the more common potential causes of the symptoms you describe include sciatica often as a result of a lumbar disc bulge / piriformis syndrome etc. Hope that helps, PhysioAdvisorwww.PhysioAdvisor.com
    PhysioAdvisor 93 Replies
    • September 16, 2010
    • 05:34 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement