Discussions By Condition: Back conditions

Minor Scoliosis

Posted In: Back conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 28, 2010
  • 08:44 PM

Hi all,

I had be experience lower right back pain and feeling numb etc. Tingling and pins and needles in my right leg.

I got the results today and was told I have minor lumbar scoliosis concave to the right.
The doctor did explain it about my spine being tilted to the right and that I need to lose weight.

Can someone explain scoliosis?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Hi all, I had be experience lower right back pain and feeling numb etc. Tingling and pins and needles in my right leg. I got the results today and was told I have minor lumbar scoliosis concave to the right.The doctor did explain it about my spine being tilted to the right and that I need to lose weight. Can someone explain scoliosis? A scoliosis is simply a curvature of the spine so that instead of your spine being straight when viewed from behind it is either a C or S shape. These are very common, often due to muscle imbalances associated with being either R) or L) hand dominant. It can also be caused by a range of other conditions such as joint sprains / disc bulges often with associated muscle spasm. A slight scoliosis typically wouldn't cause the pain, pins and needles and numbness you describe, although it may be associated with your symptoms. I would recommend seeing a physiotherapist for accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment. Some of the more common potential causes of the symptoms you describe include sciatica often as a result of a lumbar disc bulge / piriformis syndrome etc. Hope that helps, PhysioAdvisorwww.PhysioAdvisor.com
    PhysioAdvisor 93 Replies
    • September 16, 2010
    • 05:34 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement