Discussions By Condition: Nose conditions

Nasal Blockage

Posted In: Nose conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: InternetUser
  • January 14, 2007
  • 10:30 AM

I've been experiencing blockage in my right nostril for the past 2 months. It started with fever, coughing, and blocked nose about 2 months ago. The fever and coughing has gone, however the nasal blockage remains. I've had this problem 1 time before, but it lasted just a few days. The left nostril also gets partially blocked at times, which makes breathing very difficult.

Occasionally both the nostrils get cleared on their own, but it gets blocked again during the night. I've used Otrivin - Xylometazoline Hydrochloride Nasal Drops IP (1:1000) on many days, which completely clears the nostrils and gives me relief for the rest of the day. I'd consulted a doctor who prescribed some medicines, but they haven't done anything. The Otrivin nasal drops are the only thing that's worked until now. I don't want to use them continuously as they're said to cause further blockage.

Please suggest some cure for this problem. I'm having difficulty breathing normally.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement