Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Helo me with urinary problem

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 12, 2007
  • 11:23 PM

Hello, i am an 189 year old man who for a while now has had problems with initiating urine flow. This has been extremely frustrating as sometimes my bladder becomes full and i cannot get rid of the urine, thus causing pain. This is especially a problem when out drinking with friends as i frequently need to go to the toilet, but cannot urinate, resulting in me having to physically force my bladder closed in order to initiate urine flow. When the flow beigins, there are no further problems. This problem appears to occur randomly, where sometimes i have no problem at all, while at other times i am in pain from my bladder being so full, but i can still not urinate it out. I have seen my doctor about this and had a scan of my bladder and no apparent problems have so far been found. My urologist seems to be convinced that it is psychological, but i feel as if something is physically blocking it sometimes.

I am at the end of my tether and cannot cope with this problem anymore. Please can someone let me know if there is anything that I can do to solve this problem.
Thank you

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• sorry, that should read 19 year old man, just realised the mistake
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 12, 2007
    • 11:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sorry for your pain man , I too have the same problem , and like yours , it comes and goes . I am 43 though so with you being only 19 , I would wonder . I have not had my checked though , I should , but don't have insurance . I would go back to the doctor and have him dig deeper into it . I would be interested in his findings . One could assume that its in your head , but I doubt it really . This is a common statement form doctors these days .Please post any results thjat you come up with .
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 12, 2007
    • 11:51 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement