Discussions By Condition: Anxiety

Clonazepam. Addictive?

Posted In: Anxiety 0 Replies
  • Posted By: subfl0wer
  • June 19, 2010
  • 04:02 AM

So I have developped moderate anxiety in the last month. For the first time. Had insomnia over it for weeks and the anxiety grew.
Saw a psychiatrist and he prescribed clonazepam to me saying it is a very mind dose (0.5 mg) and it should bring me back to normal in a week.
It did exactly that. I felt great, was sleeping again etc. So I stopped it when the week was over. Then my anxiety kicked in hard (harder than before) for 2 days. I was told by my pharmacist to take it again until I see my doc. So I took it - had another sleepless night, but felt a LITTLE less anxious.
My doc now gave me a MONTH prescription of 0.5mg to take when needed. SO I continued to find that my insomnia has still been the case.
The doc now is telling me to take 1mg (2 pills) a night. Did so - still didnt sleep well. Well, I passed out on my couch but then when I went to bed I was wide awake.
Decided to take melatonin to help out the sleep and it did! So now a week later Im on 1mg clonazepam and melatonin.
I really do not want to become addicted to this crap. I am trying all measures - taking long nature walks, breathing exercises, meditation twice a day etc. But the fact I go online (because Im an idiot) and read how benzos are so bad and addictive blah blah the anxiety kicks in again?
So I decided my plan was to cut down slowly per week. Take 1mg for another few days, then a pill and a half, then back to the 0.5 then 0.25 then done. Week by week. Can this work without heavy wd? And while I do my exercises ?
I need lots of advice from people with experience.
Thanks.:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement