Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

a total mess

Posted In: Medical Stories 2 Replies
  • Posted By: nighthours
  • January 12, 2007
  • 10:46 AM

Was seeing a doctor about pain and lack of sleep due to the pain.After 11 months of little or no sleep, usually 1 to 2 hours a day,the doctor says thats normal. People do not need alot of sleep, up to 2 hours a day is sufficient for anyone to be productive in any given 24 hour period.Now 2 years later,still suffer sleep deprivation and doctor says there are no medical evidence that any harm is being done.Whe I questioned the doctor about what the american journal of medicine says about sleep deprivation, his reply was the journal has no medical justification.When questioned about Fibromylasia, his reply was it was just a medical term for a mild headache and take a couple motrin and its all good.As far as pain control, his reply ,along with his coleagues was take 4 motrin or equivelant 4 times a day, and then after 2 weeks double up the dose, and after that he prescribed doubeling up that dose. So at 9,600 mgs of motrin and related OTC's, I questioned about short term and long term effects. His reply was there are no known side effects of OTC pain relievers.I have discontinued all medications, and still somewhat function during the day, and yes I even drive on public roadways in my condition.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Sounds to me like you have a so called doc that doesn't know and doesn't care. I cannot access posters locations yet, if listed. If you want to post your general area I may be able to refer you to a more natural doc that may be able to help you.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 13, 2007
    • 01:37 AM
    Flag this Response
  • PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GO TO A DIFFERENT DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!I am sorry but he doesn't seem like he cares. :mad: Do not waste anymore of your time or money with him! You need more then 2 hrs of sleep a night. :eek:That little of sleep cannot be healthy. The most I can suggest is Tylenol pm. That helps me get through my nights. I too do not sleep well, but I do with this stuff. I have been told by many that it is ok for you to take nightly. It is also not suppose to be addictive.:rolleyes:But you really need TO GET TO A NEW DOCTOR!! You should not suffer and do not deserve to. Good luck.
    crazybrazy 30 Replies
    • January 13, 2007
    • 04:16 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement