Discussions By Condition: Urinary conditions

Unknown bladder problem. Help?

Posted In: Urinary conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: afreespiritx3
  • May 24, 2010
  • 10:36 PM

I've over the past year or so been experiencing what I thought were frequent but short bladder infections. They would always come ago, and there is excruciating pain after I pee. I finally went to the doctor and they have tried to treat me for a UTI (which my urine sample came back completely fine), and when that didn't work they tried another antibiotic for other bacteria. None of this is working and it's becoming more unbearable. I had this same feeling and pains before I was having sex, and the two people I have been active with don't have any STD's. So, what do you think?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Don't give up hope and go to a urinologist. I currently have a U.T.I. and was given cifoplaxin and it did not help at all. The E.R. doc told me alot of antibiotics that are commonly prescribed for U.T.I.'s do not work on many ppl. He gave me an injection of Keflex in my thigh (hurt like crap). It's odd your urine tests are coming back negative. Is it possible you have a yeast infection???? That goes misdiagnosed alot especially in men. Also it's not always sexually transmitted. I have suffered from them my whole life and they have similar symptoms to U.T.I.'s.
    ksealy 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • Don't give up hope and go to a urinologist. I currently have a U.T.I. and was given cifoplaxin and it did not help at all. The E.R. doc told me alot of antibiotics that are commonly prescribed for U.T.I.'s do not work on many ppl. He gave me an injection of Keflex in my thigh (hurt like crap). It's odd your urine tests are coming back negative. Is it possible you have a yeast infection???? That goes misdiagnosed alot especially in men. Also it's not always sexually transmitted. I have suffered from them my whole life and they have similar symptoms to U.T.I.'s.I am going to a Urologist today. They did two tests to see if it was a UTI and every time it comes back perfectly fine. I am a female, so I think I would notice if it's a yeast infection. How do you keep getting STD's if they're not sexually transmitted? That doesn't make much sense
    afreespiritx3 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement