Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

I am desperate for some HELP PLEASE!!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 69 Replies
  • Posted By: ecko23
  • May 11, 2010
  • 09:18 PM

Ok so about ten years ago when I was 19 I used to use drugs. I have Quit doing drugs since this one night. It all started when i used marijuana and I would go in to these weird attacks I dont think they were panick attacks Cause I didnt feel like they were felt more like spme kind of brain attack to me.But anyway they made me feel like nothing I have ever felt before and they are really scary. But I haved also used meth and didnt have any of these weird effects. But one night when I was using cocaine I went into one of these attacks andit was horrible I didnt even say anyhting to my friends I just had to leave.But i was sitting on my buddies couch and all the sudden it was like something snapped in my head and I got this huge rush but it was nothing like I have experienced before and my head felt really messed up. It was really like a mojor out of body experience and it was the scariest things I have ever experienced before in my life..So i ended up leaving and I dont know how I got home cause I thought I was gonna start screaming cause of the way I felt it was so horrible I dont even know how I got to sleep that night.But thenext day I got up I was still going throught the exact same thing I just felt like I was constantly on the verge of dying and it was scaring the ***l out of me..I couldnt even barely leave my bed after all this happen..So I went to to the drs and they said I was having anxiety issues wich I want buying even thought I had alot of the symptoms but the way my head felt I just couldnt see anxiety causing all this. All the ssri pills i tried eventually sent me to the er with weird side effects i had from them..I even seem to have these weird attacks from taking benzos I mean if I was having anxiety these are the pills that sould really help right?? But as soon as I start feeling the affects from the pill it does something to my head i feel this weird feeling through my whole body than afterwards my body and mind feels really balnk and it will start thsi whole process all over again. I even seemed to react weird to fish oil and hydroxyzine.. I dont know if some of this is psycological but it doesnt seem to be?So after months of laying around I got so sick of it i decided t try alcohol and it seemed to help out tremendously(i find this really weird seeing how I was reacting to some of the pills).SO i started drinking pretty heavily cause that is the only way I caould get releif from whatever was going on.I was able to start working again and met my future wife and had a kid cause it seemed to be getting better year after year..Now to the present. One night after drinking pretty heavy I was feeling really weird,so I tried to go to a movie and of course I was eating greasy popcorn and drinking soda and I started feeling really weird.So I started walking the halls and next thing you know I went into a panick had to have somebody pick me up cause I could barely walk thought I was gonna die for sure.Got home and couldnt stop puking I was a freaking mess.I kind of seemed to get over that one the next day.A couple weeks later 2 days after drinking pretty heavily I went into another attack but this one was different. It felt like my soul was sucked out of my body and was staring at me.I donr know how anybody can feel like that it is so sick and weird. Again had to go home and started puking again. ITs been nine months since this attack and havent been able to work like something went completely wrong. Now I al feeling like the alcohol has something to do with it this time like I did something horrible to my head that night I was doing coke and now the alcohol is making it worse for some reason. But shouldnt have the alcochol made it worse throughout the years instead of me feeling better?I want to add that throughout those ten years I still felt like something was wrong or something just wasnt right.I mean nothing has been the same that night the way I feel all the time,the way I feel when I wake up watching tv I mean everything. If I dont get enought spleep I am way worse the next day.But anyway all these old feelings came back and it is scaring the crap out of me..Here are alot of my symptoms back then and now since this came back.

-my brain feels like it is damaged somehow,sometimes get this wwave sensation in my head like pressure traveling from one ear to the other,cant be around strong chemicals like my brain is trying to protect me somehow from feeling high and going into on of those brain attacks i like to call them,brain will feel weak sometimes its hard to explain,Sometimes when on the computer or something I get the sensation my brain is trying to pull my head forward and throw it to the ground

-feel really detached from everything like my head isnt on my shoulders or my hands arent real and is feels like it has something to do with this feeling in my head. I look in the mirror and feel as of im not there or im looking at some kind of ghost.Sometimes when I am wearing my glasses it trips me out cause it seems to make that feeling worse so I dont wear them most of the time. If I really try to concentrate on doing something like playing a video game or something I feel really weird and awkward afterwards it is really scary. I am even feeling kind of weird typing this.

-waking up in the middle of the night with every single muscle in my legs twitching to where I can barely walk,lots of muscle twitching through out the day in arms and legs,weird feelings in the back chest and throat.

-feeling like I am dying everyday,feelings of unreality like I am gonna freak out and go insane at any moment.

-extreme fatigue somedays, waking up in the middle of the night feeling like I am gonna forget everything so I will do math problems in my head so I know that im not gonna.

-CAn never be alone cause of the way my body and head feal all the time

-ears feel like they constantly need to pop,eyes and head will feel strianed sometimes,back hurts alot

-Go into these attacks where I just feel like im gonna die and they pretty much drop me all I can do is lay down and overcome them..Really sick alone feelings wehre again i just feel like I am gonna die.

-sensitive to light.

-some mornings feeling extremely confused like I dont know what is going on,feeling really shaky like the worse my head is doing I cant even hold my phone and look at it without shaking unless I can hold it ih a different posotion or hold it with 2 hands.

-Seem to have weird reactions to benzos and anything that messes with my head. havent taken any narcoticts because of this afraid of what they might do. Afraid I wont be able to handle anastesia is anything ever happens to me because of this!!!Like my brain wont be ableto handle it

-heart will beat weird sometimes specially if i lat down in a certain position or something like that,sometimes seams to beat fast like around 90 to 110 bpm sometimes it is at 72 bpm

-can feel my head pulse really bad and wont quit

- sometimes it feels like my heart rate and bloodpressure will rise when I stand up

-tests i have had done.blood work,eeg,ekg.mri all came back normal.

-feel like I have blood rushing to my head alot of the time wich I dont think I do cause my blood pressure seems to be fine at the time.

-feel like my shoulders and arms are trembling all the time on the inside

-lots of jaw clenching and I will clench stuff all the time. the worse my head is doing the more i clench stuff.

P.S.
I am a pretty heavey smoker wanted to throw that in there. This condition has really took my life away fom as I dont do anything anymore cause the way I feel is to uncomfortable.I really want some advice from people on here instead of just drs. Or someone who has been through something similar..PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERATE!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

69 Replies:

• Anyone please??
    ecko23 51 Replies Flag this Response
  • I would say since you haven't found any relief by going to conventional doctors that you find a naturopath in your area that will be able to start from scratch and figure out what is going on with you. It could be anxiety attacks, food allergies, environmental allergies, an emotional disorder, drug reactions, alcohol poisening, etc. You need to get to the source of the problem and a naturopath should be able to do that for you. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. The best to you.
    awakeningspirit 10 Replies Flag this Response
  • waking up in the middle of the night feeling like I am gonna forget everything so I will do math problems in my head so I know that im not gonna. That is a sign of anxiety.. from that and other parts of your post it is clear you are suffering from anxiety possibly brought on by the drug taking. Alcohol self meditates and relaxes..so it is possible you did used to feel better with Alcohol, but maybe your anxiety has worsened so now it dont work like it did. Jaw clenching etc can be a sign of anxiety.. Feeling like one is dying can be a symptom of panic attacks -waking up in the middle of the night with every single muscle in my legs twitching to where I can barely walk,lots of muscle twitching through out the day in arms and legs sounds like a bad case of "Restless Leg Syndrome". (some meds can help this). ...... I think you should see a psychologist.
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies Flag this Response
  • That is a sign of anxiety.. from that and other parts of your post it is clear you are suffering from anxiety possibly brought on by the drug taking. Alcohol self meditates and relaxes..so it is possible you did used to feel better with Alcohol, but maybe your anxiety has worsened so now it dont work like it did. Jaw clenching etc can be a sign of anxiety.. Feeling like one is dying can be a symptom of panic attacks sounds like a bad case of "Restless Leg Syndrome". (some meds can help this)....... I think you should see a psychologist. Theanks for youre reply it is really appreciated.. Those attacks that I go into dont really feel like panick attacks to me really.. My body feel calm and I dont notice my heart racing I just feel like something is wrong and im gonna die.. Maybe it is some kind of weird panick attack that not alot of people experience.. I am currentlt seeing a psycologist just dont really know if it is helping to much but maybe I need to give it more time, he wants to get some more tests done cause he doesnt think I will be able to move ahead with out some more piece of mind I guess.. Hopefully I find something that will work for me cause the stuff I experiance is just not right sometimes..
  • I would say since you haven't found any relief by going to conventional doctors that you find a naturopath in your area that will be able to start from scratch and figure out what is going on with you. It could be anxiety attacks, food allergies, environmental allergies, an emotional disorder, drug reactions, alcohol poisening, etc. You need to get to the source of the problem and a naturopath should be able to do that for you. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. The best to you. Thsanks for the reply I will definetly give this a try.
  • It sounds to me like you know something is wrong in your body. Listen to it. I second the homeopathic route. After going to medical doctors for years with no help, homeopathy has really helped me. While I have different symptoms, I do understand the feeling that something isn't right. It could very well be toxins. A homeopathic doctor can help you to get rid of them. I know when my liver is off, I feel sick everywhere! I am hoping you find an answer.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • It sounds to me like you know something is wrong in your body. Listen to it. I second the homeopathic route. After going to medical doctors for years with no help, homeopathy has really helped me. While I have different symptoms, I do understand the feeling that something isn't right. It could very well be toxins. A homeopathic doctor can help you to get rid of them. I know when my liver is off, I feel sick everywhere! I am hoping you find an answer. Thabks for the help I will try and give it a try.
  • WOW, this all sounds so terrible! I am so sorry that this is happening to you!I do however second what these people say. You should stay with the theripist give them time to help. Drug use can cause brain damage even just the first time used. So this could be a possibility. Also Panic attacks are very different for everyone. What you are going through sounds bad but I have know people to go through almost the same things and feeling as you. I know that when you feel like there is something wrong inside and everyone just wants to write it off as a panic disorder can be frustrating but sometimes simple it the case. You might also want to see a neurologist. They may have some ideas.
  • WOW, this all sounds so terrible! I am so sorry that this is happening to you!I do however second what these people say. You should stay with the theripist give them time to help. Drug use can cause brain damage even just the first time used. So this could be a possibility. Also Panic attacks are very different for everyone. What you are going through sounds bad but I have know people to go through almost the same things and feeling as you. I know that when you feel like there is something wrong inside and everyone just wants to write it off as a panic disorder can be frustrating but sometimes simple it the case. You might also want to see a neurologist. They may have some ideas. I am currently seeing a nuerologist, he is trying to figure some things out and I have also had some testing done on my head mri,eeg.All came back normal. This feeling on my head is constant and it just feels like something is wrong up there. I just really wish I knew what was wrong so I can enjoy life again.
  • Any other ideas??
  • Dysautonomia.You`ve messed up your autonomic nervous system and probably some of your limbic system,fixing everything it won`t be an easy task but i believe that if you`re commited to it,in time you can feel better.You should start living VERY HEALTHY,GIVE UP TOTALLY TO ALCHOOL AND SMOKING,start a vegetarian diet (with meat only once a week),introduce in your diet SOYA MILK,NUTS AND SEEDS.Start EXERCISING(light),reduce sexual activity to minimum possible,eliminate or reduce to maximum STRESS.If you`re determined and stick to the programm results should be seen in matter of months
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Dysautonomia.You`ve messed up your autonomic nervous system and probably some of your limbic system,fixing everything it won`t be an easy task but i believe that if you`re commited to it,in time you can feel better.You should start living VERY HEALTHY,GIVE UP TOTALLY TO ALCHOOL AND SMOKING,start a vegetarian diet (with meat only once a week),introduce in your diet SOYA MILK,NUTS AND SEEDS.Start EXERCISING(light),reduce sexual activity to minimum possible,eliminate or reduce to maximum STRESS.If you`re determined and stick to the programm results should be seen in matter of months Thanls foe the reply I have been wondering this myself.. I have quit drinking since all these feelings have started coming back..I am trying to quit smoking. Can smoking make it worse?? SHould my neurologist know about this disease and know what to do?? Why should I put my sexaul activity ti a minimum?? Isnt that kind of like exersizing?? Sorry about all the questions I am just real Curious about this.. So this happen to me ten years ago as you know.. ANd it did get better throughout the ten years specially when I drank.. But now it seems all the drinking I was doing turned on me and brought all these feeling back.. But thanks for the help and feedback I really hope to hear back from you again..
  • I am currently seeing a nuerologist, he is trying to figure some things out and I have also had some testing done on my head mri,eeg.All came back normal. This feeling on my head is constant and it just feels like something is wrong up there. I just really wish I knew what was wrong so I can enjoy life again.Good - don't waste time (or money! that's their game) with naturopath's it means nothing - they are people who belive in the supernatural and not in medical fact. Don't be a hypochondriac and give money, time or thought to anything other than medical fact.
  • Ok so about ten years ago when I was 19 I used to use drugs. I have Quit doing drugs since this one night. It all started when i used marijuana and I would go in to these weird attacks I dont think they were panick attacks Cause I didnt feel like they were felt more like spme kind of brain attack to me.But anyway they made me feel like nothing I have ever felt before and they are really scary. But I haved also used meth and didnt have any of these weird effects. But one night when I was using cocaine I went into one of these attacks andit was horrible I didnt even say anyhting to my friends I just had to leave.But i was sitting on my buddies couch and all the sudden it was like something snapped in my head and I got this huge rush but it was nothing like I have experienced before and my head felt really messed up. It was really like a mojor out of body experience and it was the scariest things I have ever experienced before in my life..So i ended up leaving and I dont know how I got home cause I thought I was gonna start screaming cause of the way I felt it was so horrible I dont even know how I got to sleep that night.But thenext day I got up I was still going throught the exact same thing I just felt like I was constantly on the verge of dying and it was scaring the ***l out of me..I couldnt even barely leave my bed after all this happen..So I went to to the drs and they said I was having anxiety issues wich I want buying even thought I had alot of the symptoms but the way my head felt I just couldnt see anxiety causing all this. All the ssri pills i tried eventually sent me to the er with weird side effects i had from them..I even seem to have these weird attacks from taking benzos I mean if I was having anxiety these are the pills that sould really help right?? But as soon as I start feeling the affects from the pill it does something to my head i feel this weird feeling through my whole body than afterwards my body and mind feels really balnk and it will start thsi whole process all over again. I even seemed to react weird to fish oil and hydroxyzine.. I dont know if some of this is psycological but it doesnt seem to be?So after months of laying around I got so sick of it i decided t try alcohol and it seemed to help out tremendously(i find this really weird seeing how I was reacting to some of the pills).SO i started drinking pretty heavily cause that is the only way I caould get releif from whatever was going on.I was able to start working again and met my future wife and had a kid cause it seemed to be getting better year after year..Now to the present. One night after drinking pretty heavy I was feeling really weird,so I tried to go to a movie and of course I was eating greasy popcorn and drinking soda and I started feeling really weird.So I started walking the halls and next thing you know I went into a panick had to have somebody pick me up cause I could barely walk thought I was gonna die for sure.Got home and couldnt stop puking I was a freaking mess.I kind of seemed to get over that one the next day.A couple weeks later 2 days after drinking pretty heavily I went into another attack but this one was different. It felt like my soul was sucked out of my body and was staring at me.I donr know how anybody can feel like that it is so sick and weird. Again had to go home and started puking again. ITs been nine months since this attack and havent been able to work like something went completely wrong. Now I al feeling like the alcohol has something to do with it this time like I did something horrible to my head that night I was doing coke and now the alcohol is making it worse for some reason. But shouldnt have the alcochol made it worse throughout the years instead of me feeling better?I want to add that throughout those ten years I still felt like something was wrong or something just wasnt right.I mean nothing has been the same that night the way I feel all the time,the way I feel when I wake up watching tv I mean everything. If I dont get enought spleep I am way worse the next day.But anyway all these old feelings came back and it is scaring the crap out of me..Here are alot of my symptoms back then and now since this came back. -my brain feels like it is damaged somehow,sometimes get this wwave sensation in my head like pressure traveling from one ear to the other,cant be around strong chemicals like my brain is trying to protect me somehow from feeling high and going into on of those brain attacks i like to call them,brain will feel weak sometimes its hard to explain,Sometimes when on the computer or something I get the sensation my brain is trying to pull my head forward and throw it to the ground -feel really detached from everything like my head isnt on my shoulders or my hands arent real and is feels like it has something to do with this feeling in my head. I look in the mirror and feel as of im not there or im looking at some kind of ghost.Sometimes when I am wearing my glasses it trips me out cause it seems to make that feeling worse so I dont wear them most of the time. If I really try to concentrate on doing something like playing a video game or something I feel really weird and awkward afterwards it is really scary. I am even feeling kind of weird typing this. -waking up in the middle of the night with every single muscle in my legs twitching to where I can barely walk,lots of muscle twitching through out the day in arms and legs,weird feelings in the back chest and throat. -feeling like I am dying everyday,feelings of unreality like I am gonna freak out and go insane at any moment. -extreme fatigue somedays, waking up in the middle of the night feeling like I am gonna forget everything so I will do math problems in my head so I know that im not gonna. -CAn never be alone cause of the way my body and head feal all the time -ears feel like they constantly need to pop,eyes and head will feel strianed sometimes,back hurts alot -Go into these attacks where I just feel like im gonna die and they pretty much drop me all I can do is lay down and overcome them..Really sick alone feelings wehre again i just feel like I am gonna die. -sensitive to light. -some mornings feeling extremely confused like I dont know what is going on,feeling really shaky like the worse my head is doing I cant even hold my phone and look at it without shaking unless I can hold it ih a different posotion or hold it with 2 hands. -Seem to have weird reactions to benzos and anything that messes with my head. havent taken any narcoticts because of this afraid of what they might do. Afraid I wont be able to handle anastesia is anything ever happens to me because of this!!!Like my brain wont be ableto handle it -heart will beat weird sometimes specially if i lat down in a certain position or something like that,sometimes seams to beat fast like around 90 to 110 bpm sometimes it is at 72 bpm -can feel my head pulse really bad and wont quit - sometimes it feels like my heart rate and bloodpressure will rise when I stand up -tests i have had done.blood work,eeg,ekg.mri all came back normal. -feel like I have blood rushing to my head alot of the time wich I dont think I do cause my blood pressure seems to be fine at the time. -feel like my shoulders and arms are trembling all the time on the inside -lots of jaw clenching and I will clench stuff all the time. the worse my head is doing the more i clench stuff. P.S.I am a pretty heavey smoker wanted to throw that in there. This condition has really took my life away fom as I dont do anything anymore cause the way I feel is to uncomfortable.I really want some advice from people on here instead of just drs. Or someone who has been through something similar..PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERATE!!!
  • Why quit taking fish oil I dont take it anyway?????
  • Good - don't waste time (or money! that's their game) with naturopath's it means nothing - they are people who belive in the supernatural and not in medical fact. Don't be a hypochondriac and give money, time or thought to anything other than medical fact. I dont quite understand what you are talking about here??
  • ecko .. i think some of the answers you have been given are rather strange. Research anything you are told to MAKE SURE IT FITS. As far as im aware too Dysautonomia isnt fixable just by living a healthy lifestyle. i myself have got dysautonomia as part of the complex issues i have and i used to be a complex health addict and that certainly didnt help me at all. Dysautonomia is a ANS issue, (issue with autonomic nervous system).. Dysautonomia isnt a condition that naturopaths usually treat thou someone here gave like naturopath kind of advice for it. It is a medical condition which can be quite disabiling............. Whatever your issue is.. i think you may have some anxiety issues on top of it to deal with as well. Anxiety can make any issue you have worst. i think you do have some anxiety going on by certain things in your post eg that you wont be alone. Even thou i do go unconsious at times and get a lot of symptoms, i have no fear of being alone. The fact you do for no real good reason...points to anxiety. Anxiety can cause all kinds of symptoms. Jaw clenching is a common sign of anxiety. Unless you get the anxiety treated, you wont know what is being caused by anxiety and what may be another issue.
  • oh sorry. i just saw that i have replied on two different occassions to your post. i'd forgotten i'd replied before in regard to anxiety. (i have memory problems). -i feel really detached from everything like my head isnt on my shoulders or my handsmy hands arent real and is feels like it has something to do with this feeling in my head. I look in the mirror and feel as of im not there or im looking at some kind of ghost One of your symptoms as what you described above (and some of your other comments too relate to it) is what is called called "disassociation". i strongly suggest you avoid alcohol, alcohol can make disassociation worst. Quite a few different things from stress to mental health issues can cause disassociation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_disorders ... eg depersonalization
  • Thanks for the help I will look into alot of the suggestions. ANy other thoughts or ideas??
  • Hi, I know exactly what you are going thru as I have had panic attacks. They started at age 14 and I hadn't even tried any drugs at that age. Each time I had panic attacks, I would become depressed (fatigue is a sign of depression), altho I didn't know what it was at the time. My doctor told me that anxiety and depression go hand in hand. The one time I tried pot, the panic hit with a vengeance so it's possible pot can aggravate the condition. First just know that this could be an inherited condition, as it appears to be in my family. Also, brain scans on those with panic attacks can show an abnormality in a specific portion of the brain. All of the feelings you have experienced, I have too. Know that you won't go crazy. I've had this for 44 years and I haven't gone crazy yet tho at times I was so afraid I would. The feelings of unreality you described were exactly what I experienced too. I was so afraid I would immediately die and that makes it all so much worse. It's your thoughts that are feeding the panic. What you need to do is to realize that when a panic attack hits, you'll need to try to control your thoughts about what is happening. Know that the panic attack will hit and that it will go away. Just learn to accept it. Know that you won't die and your mind won't explode and you won't go crazy. I know this won't be easy but maybe hearing from someone who has suffered from the same thing and learned to live with it will give you some peace. I doubt that the drugs you did caused some type of brain damage. Remember, I haven't done any drugs except pot once. And since I had panic attacks before I tried pot, drugs couldn't have caused it. Now that I understand panic attacks better, I never have the feelings of unreality anymore. I understand that it is a physical disorder (at least that is what I believe based on everything I've read). I remember I was even afraid to take vitamins for fear they would bring on the attacks. I feared everything. One thing that has really helped me is a drug called inderal. It is used for high blood pressure and what it does is shut down the body's production of adrenaline. Adrenaline is the chemical that is released from your body when you are afraid of something. Your symptoms are the exact feelings everyone has when they experience things like near accidents. You know how your heart beats so fast when you realize you've had a near miss? That's adrenaline being released into your body. It takes a few minutes for that feeling of fear to subside. Well, with you, your getting that adrenaline hit (and again I believe it is a physical thing that causes the adreline to be released) but then when it is released out of the blue, you become afraid. Your fear then causes you to release more adrenaline and then you're stuck in a vicious cycle. Your thoughts feed the fear and the fear feeds the adrenaline. Another thing is please don't give up on getting treated with anti-depressants. You may eventually find the right one that will work for you. They also have helped me a lot. One other thing I recommend is to look for books on panic attacks so you learn to understand them better. I believe people can overcome this by finding others who have been thru the same thing and that you'll realize you are not alone. Maybe try to find a group of those who suffer from this who get together to share their experiences. This will help you tremendously too when you realize you are not alone. I promise you can live with this and even get over it and the best way to do that is to share your experiences with others who have been through this. You may get the attacks but once you understand you won't die and won't go crazy, you'll find peace. And try try not to feed the anxiety with thoughts of fear. Learn to say ok, here's another attack but it'll run it's course and I'll be fine. And you will because you'll no longer be feeding the fear with more fearful thoughts. I hope this helps you. Please let me know how you're doing. I really care and if you want to discuss this further just reply to this and I'll try to help in any way I can.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement