Discussions By Condition: Bladder conditions

Incontinence

Posted In: Bladder conditions 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 11, 2007
  • 04:55 AM

Ten years ago I went to the urologist because I was wetting my pants with no advance warning...very inconvenient on the job, to say the least...the urodoc diagnosed me with nonmalignant Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) Apparently this is fairly common in men in their 60s, but he was surprise that I had this problem at 45...in any case he gave me some pills (which function also as a blood pressure pill if that is needed)--they worked wondrfully well--about 90% of the urinary pressure was taken away. As it turns out, I later found out, BPH was a misdiagnosis: In fact I had incontinence as a result of hydrocephalus (water on the brain, one of its symptoms). I was shunted into the brain down to the abdomen, and just as soon as I woke up from the surgery, I could feel that the urinary pressure was gone! Pressure on my brain was causing the urinary pressure!9T98F9

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Thats amazing! Thank god they found out what was wrong.:)
    nccarol28732 44 Replies
    • January 14, 2007
    • 01:36 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I don't understand the connection. I am a 46 year old woman. Since the age of around 20 I've had to pee up to 7 times an hour. If I'm not peeing, I always feel like I have to pee. I don't know what it's like to be any other way. The other day I was stuck in rush hour traffic and I was about to explode... I was on my way to my first day of class.... I almost had to just get out at the red light and take a squat right there in the middle of traffic. I can't stand it anymore. If I had a gun, I would have put it to my head. I am tired of the looks I get because I have to run to the bathroom multiple times an hour. If I don't drink anything, I do better. I've been to doctors EVERYWHERE.... a few years ago they put an "interstim" on a nerve that controls my bladder........ what a nightmare that has been. NO HELP AT ALL.... I FEEL LIKE I WAS USED AS A GUINEA PIG FOR AN EXPERIMENT......... can someone pleeeeeeeeeeease help?
    cuddlesam 1 Replies
    • February 9, 2007
    • 05:56 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You may want to check to see if you have diabetes type 2. I was going every 5 min. around the clock when I was diagnosed. You can find out with a bloodtest. Good Luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 15, 2007
    • 03:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • cuddlesam I have interstitial cystits which is a bladder disease/condition. I go pee about 30 to 40 times a day. I have pain in my bladder, this condition is rare, but you might want to mention it to your urodoc. to see what he says. It took me over 3 years to get my diagnoses. The doctors all thought i was nuts until i diagnoses my self with reaseaching. Then I found the right doctor and hopefully on the road to less pain.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 2, 2007
    • 00:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I had same problem pills like ditropan eased sensations some. With much self research and many, many doctors I was diagnosed with Autonomic Neuropathy. Which explained many other symptoms I had that I didn't realize were connected. Most of the time this is caused by diabetes. Mine unfortunately is an autoimmune thing (which I think means they don't know the cause) After treatments from steroids to plasma transfers, I am left with treating the symptoms with no cure for the cause. Good luck!!! And don't give up, and God loves you so forget the gun idea.Take Care.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 3, 2007
    • 08:22 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement