Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Going mad 2 years need help! Ringing and dizziness

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: spakry300
  • April 5, 2010
  • 08:36 PM

I have going to try and list everything to see if anyone can help. Please if anyone has any ideas it would be very helpful, I just don’t seem to be getting anywhere with my doctor, I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING MAD!

I have been having issues with my ears for the last 2 years. It all started with a dripping sound when I was on my right side in bed. Then one day I started to get ringing in my left ear which has lasted now for 2 years. I often get dizzy, more so in the mornings and find it hard to concentrate in the evening.

I have been to the ENT several times they just say I have got tinnitus. I know I have tinnitus but something else is wrong I know my own body. I have had a scan and everything was good and they have ruled out a tumour, which is good.

I have NOT lost any hearing (proven by several test) but my right ear has started with the same symptoms as my left now. The dizziness has gotten worst it comes with an overpowering feeling, like I really, really need to sleep. I fight it (when I am driving) but sometimes I have had to pull up and have a 10 min sleep it’s that powerful.

I have also had back some strange blood results which could be connected. My liver showed abnormal results, something was elevated not sure what I am being send for an ultrasound.
I am 28 years old, not other conditions, slightly overweight. I don’t drink and never have.

All my styposions

Ringing in my left ear all the time
Ringing in my right ear only when I yawn, the harder I yawn the louder it is
Sometimes dizziness
Sleepiness
Headaches find it hard to consecrate

Thing that may not be related but maybe worth stating...

I always have dry lips, like all the time when I wake up
These strange elevated liver results, when I don't drink!
Blood pressure is always good when I go to the doctors

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Have you seen a dentist to check your TMJ? Your symptoms are similar other than the liver and dry lips. Most people who have added pounds have a fatty liver. The TMJ is located where your lower jaw (mandible) hinges on the skull itself. Many times a simple mouth guard can be warn to help with the pain. The guard allows the teeth to slide across the peeks of the opposing teeth. Clinching and grinding can also cause TMJ problems. Do not use a mouth guard bought at a pharmacy - you must have one made to "fit" your mouth. Give it a try! Years ago people were put in insane homes for the constant ringing and pain. Choose a good dentist - one that is highly recommended - and is familiar with TMJ problems. Good luck my friend.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement