Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

18 years old and a bladder problem

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 19 Replies
  • Posted By: Mr.FinishLine
  • March 30, 2010
  • 00:14 AM

Hello. My name is Randy im 18 and a male. For the past month and a half I have been expiercing urinary problems. To be exact I always have the urge to go and some times I can and sometimes I cant. The preasure on my urine is never perfect. For the most part the stream weak. When this started happening I toughed it out for a week or 2 and then it didnt improve. So i went to a urologist and have had numerous diagnosis. First it was anhistamines from cough medicine causeing this, then it was a inflamed prostate, now its a snesitve bladder. And Im being told to give it a month to clear up. I really havent been the same lately and my life is falling apart.IF someone could please help me. I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks,Randy

Reply Flag this Discussion

19 Replies:

• If this helps heres a time line of all the eventsSaturday 2/20/10I went to daytona with a bunch of freinds and notcied that I could not pee when we stopped off. Although I knew I had to go and how insane urgency to go. I just couldnt get anything to happenSaturday 2/27/10Saw my pediatrition and was tested for a uti. Came back negative.Monday 3/1/201018th b daySaw urolgist and claimed cough medicine I was takeing is to blame and that it should clear up with in 2 weeks. I was givin uroxatral to take daily.Friday 3/11/2010Couldnt make it for the full 2 weeks. So I went in for a emergency appointment. While there I was givin a prostate exam and told that I had a inflamed prostate. I was givin 500mg ciprofloxacn to take 2x daily. along with bethanechol to take 2x daily. Thursday 3/19/2010Still had the urge to urinate all the time. So I was takein off the bethanechol.Thursday 3/25/2010Antibiotics finsihed and I was at the doctors again. I forget the name of the procedure I had done but Its where they numb the penis and put a small camera through the penis hole. Where they then search for scar tissue or tummors. Then they filled my bladder with wht I think was distilled water. I then had to urinate and they checked me for my flow and they said I was fine. No scar tissue and my flow was fine. The doctor then said I have a sensitve bladder. And I should wait 1 month for it to clear up.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hello. My name is Randy im 18 and a male. For the past month and a half I have been expiercing urinary problems. To be exact I always have the urge to go and some times I can and sometimes I cant. The preasure on my urine is never perfect. For the most part the stream weak. When this started happening I toughed it out for a week or 2 and then it didnt improve. So i went to a urologist and have had numerous diagnosis. First it was anhistamines from cough medicine causeing this, then it was a inflamed prostate, now its a snesitve bladder. And Im being told to give it a month to clear up. I really havent been the same lately and my life is falling apart.IF someone could please help me. I would appreciate it so much.Thanks,RandyMore Info:If this helps heres a time line of all the eventsSaturday 2/20/10I went to daytona with a bunch of freinds and notcied that I could not pee when we stopped off. Although I knew I had to go and how insane urgency to go. I just couldnt get anything to happenSaturday 2/27/10Saw my pediatrition and was tested for a uti. Came back negative.Monday 3/1/201018th b daySaw urolgist and claimed cough medicine I was takeing is to blame and that it should clear up with in 2 weeks. I was givin uroxatral to take daily.Friday 3/11/2010Couldnt make it for the full 2 weeks. So I went in for a emergency appointment. While there I was givin a prostate exam and told that I had a inflamed prostate. I was givin 500mg ciprofloxacn to take 2x daily. along with bethanechol to take 2x daily. Thursday 3/19/2010Still had the urge to urinate all the time. So I was takein off the bethanechol.Thursday 3/25/2010Antibiotics finsihed and I was at the doctors again. I forget the name of the procedure I had done but Its where they numb the penis and put a small camera through the penis hole. Where they then search for scar tissue or tummors. Then they filled my bladder with wht I think was distilled water. I then had to urinate and they checked me for my flow and they said I was fine. No scar tissue and my flow was fine. The doctor then said I have a sensitve bladder. And I should wait 1 month for it to clear up.
    Mr.FinishLine 17 Replies Flag this Response
  • Any advice out there?
  • Hmmm, this is a tough one. There are so many things it could be. It may sound strange, but have you had any vaccines lately? Like even in the last few months before this happened? I ask because my nephew and niece had vaccines and within a short period of time developed the exact same problem. They figured out it was due to the vaccines. They then had to work on strengthening their immune system with lots of vitamins and probiotics. They continue to this day. Also, did you take antibiotics around this time, or at any time prior to this? Perhaps you could have an overgrowth of bad bacteria in your system which is affecting you in this way. Antibiotics kill ALL bacteria in your system and if you don't replenish it with the good stuff, probiotics, the bad ones will grow faster and take over resulting in an overgrowth of bad bacteria. It may not make you obviously sick but over time will do bad things, cause many symptoms, and problems that get worse with time. Could you have had or are having a bad reaction to some food additive or food coloring? Do you eat processed foods? Do you eat genetically engineered foods, (GMOs), perhaps unknowingly? They are not labeled in the USA. You may be reacting to GMOs. Could you have picked up some type of infection, maybe low grade infection? Do you always wash your hands well before you pee as well as after? Those are my suggestions but you'll have to think about this and do some of your own detective work. There is an answer, your doctor just didn't look hard enough yet. Be your own health advocate.
  • Wow thank you so much. People like you give me hope that Im not just going crazy. So I will def be doing some more research but I havent had any shots in over a year. The only think i can think of is i been takeing doxcycyclein for about 8 months now for acne. But when the urine problem started I stopped the pill. Also i am alot more concerned about hygine now. Not sayin I was a pig before but I shower close to 4 times a day and I am washing my hands constantly. Oh and I m not really sure how to go about looking into the food thing. Any advice on where to start?
  • It could be some strange side effect from the antibiotics you have been taking for your complexion. Apparently, it can cause a problem with yeast, so I bet they never checked you for yeast. Try a few treatments with an acupuncturist and see if they can help you and try researching diet as a way to control your skin issues. Too, you are showering too much and you may be getting soap into that area. Switch or organic soap and showering once a day, rinsing off a lot. Were you checked for STDs or do you not need to be?
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • I calmed the showering down to rwice a day. And I will go out and get the organic soap. Do they sell that at the local super makrket or you have to go to a whole food or something? And I guess when I see my doctor I will ask him to give me a yeast test. WHat exactly is the procedure for that test. And I havent been checked for std's. Ive hadsex but ever since all this starting happen I gave it up. Even though it doesnt burn when I pee you think i should still get tested for a std?Thanks for the support guys. I really am happy to see people I dont even know are trying to help. God bless you guys.
  • Oh and I forgot to mention. The reason it gets tome so much is that sometimes I feel like my condtion is improving and then next thing I know its down hill all over again. Any advice as to why I may be haveing these couple hours of releif once in a blue moon.I currently takeGelniqueDoxycyclineAnd 2 vitamins from a company called life extensionThe first one is (SUPER BIO-CURCUMIN)The next is (ULTRA NATURAL PORSTATE)
  • If you've been sexually active at all, yes, that is the first thing you should have been screened for--a general all STD screening (which would be free at your local health dept) and then a couple of specialty tests--blood work for herpes2 specific and then there is one guy who posted about 6 months-a year ago who had this problem and they found an organism from sex that they don't usually screen for. I would have to go back and try to find it, but similiar situation to yours.Well, according to side-effects, yeast is high on the list for your meds. Even if you quit the meds temporarily, the yeast would still be with you. You would need to talk with your doctor about how he would test for it. Whole foods is a good place that has lots of organic soap but they seem to be selling them at general stores, too.
  • http://www.womens-health.co.uk/mycoplasma-genitalium.htmlread up online
  • If you've been sexually active at all, yes, that is the first thing you should have been screened for--a general all STD screening (which would be free at your local health dept) and then a couple of specialty tests--blood work for herpes2 specific and then there is one guy who posted about 6 months-a year ago who had this problem and they found an organism from sex that they don't usually screen for. I would have to go back and try to find it, but similiar situation to yours.Well, according to side-effects, yeast is high on the list for your meds. Even if you quit the meds temporarily, the yeast would still be with you. You would need to talk with your doctor about how he would test for it. Whole foods is a good place that has lots of organic soap but they seem to be selling them at general stores, too.Im going to the whole foods first thing tomorrow morning. And I checked up on your link. The thing is I dont have burning when I pee. I never had burning its just that urgency and not being able to go thing. When I see my doctor on Thursday I will definitely asked to be tested for yeast. Also if i go to a clinic for std testing don't I have to wait like a month for results? is there a faster way. I don't have to be secretive about any of this my parents are well aware of everything so if there's a faster way to get things done im all ears. Also I figured a std couldn't be my problem if its been close to 2 months now.Also these are the symptoms now.Keep in min di take the two vitamins for my prostate and gelaquin.So I have the urge to pee. But when I go its not a whole lot. I can drink 2 bottles of water and not feel like going at all. But then some times I can have a sip of water and feel the urge to go. Lately I have been holding my pee until the urgency gets really bad. I find that this helps me to have a better flow.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Hello. My name is Randy im 18 and a male. For the past month and a half I have been expiercing urinary problems. To be exact I always have the urge to go and some times I can and sometimes I cant. The preasure on my urine is never perfect. For the most part the stream weak. When this started happening I toughed it out for a week or 2 and then it didnt improve. So i went to a urologist and have had numerous diagnosis. First it was anhistamines from cough medicine causeing this, then it was a inflamed prostate, now its a snesitve bladder. And Im being told to give it a month to clear up. I really havent been the same lately and my life is falling apart.IF someone could please help me. I would appreciate it so much.Thanks,RandyHi Randy. I'm a holistic practitioner. It really sounds like a bladder infection but the urologist must have tested that... In the meantime some things you can do..1. Candida yeast is usually involved with these kind of issues - avoid sugars (including sweet fruits and juice, sodas) and alcohol until the symptoms disappear as sugars feed yeast.2. Take omega 3 oils, typically 2 x 2 per day. Fish oil is best for men - get a reputable health store brand as cheap brands may be contaminated. 3. Drink about 2 L of water/day to help flush out the bladder.4. Focus your diet mainly on small portions of meat,fish, egg, nuts, vegetablesGood luck, Karen
  • UPDATE4/5/2010Today I did not take the gelaquin and i been going non stop today with moderate flow. I am peeing constantly with decent flow. Is this sounding more like a over active bladder now?
  • Hi Randy. I'm a holistic practitioner. It really sounds like a bladder infection but the urologist must have tested that... In the meantime some things you can do..1. Candida yeast is usually involved with these kind of issues - avoid sugars (including sweet fruits and juice, sodas) and alcohol until the symptoms disappear as sugars feed yeast.2. Take omega 3 oils, typically 2 x 2 per day. Fish oil is best for men - get a reputable health store brand as cheap brands may be contaminated. 3. Drink about 2 L of water/day to help flush out the bladder.4. Focus your diet mainly on small portions of meat,fish, egg, nuts, vegetablesGood luck, KarenHey karen thanks for the response. And yea i ve been tested for a uti more times then i can count. But today was a differnt day for me. I stopped takeing the gelaniqe and am feeling a little better because i have the urge to go and im actually going. Which feels great. Ive peed close to 10 times today all lasting at least 25 seconds with good preasure. And I am allergic to seafood and peanuts. The fish oils would cause a allergic reaction....rite? /and would the whole foods store sell omega 3 oils?Oh and i been drinkin about 2 cups of green tea. Is that ok?
  • Hi Randy. I'm a holistic practitioner. It really sounds like a bladder infection but the urologist must have tested that... In the meantime some things you can do..1. Candida yeast is usually involved with these kind of issues - avoid sugars (including sweet fruits and juice, sodas) and alcohol until the symptoms disappear as sugars feed yeast.2. Take omega 3 oils, typically 2 x 2 per day. Fish oil is best for men - get a reputable health store brand as cheap brands may be contaminated. 3. Drink about 2 L of water/day to help flush out the bladder.4. Focus your diet mainly on small portions of meat,fish, egg, nuts, vegetablesGood luck, KarenHey Karen,Thanks for your advice. The only thing is im allergic to peanuts and seafood. So the fish oil would be out of the question right? But if it is okay to take the omega 3 oils where can I buy a good one? And do you have a website that gives some insight on a yeast infection. Because Im dieing to get a answer. I just want to know whats wrong. You know. Just all day haveing this thing haveing over my head kills me. But today was my first day off the gelanique and i peed close to 10 times if not more. I was drinking plenty of water to. So flushing my system is defnitly happening. My pee was crystal clear everytime. I noticed not takeing the gelnique I actually had the feeling to go and I could actually go. But th eonly down side is i have to go all the time.Thanks Randy
  • Idk whats going on with this fourm but i mposted this message 2x and it wont show up. But thanks for the advice karen. I was wondering if you had a website that could shed some light on this yeast infection thing. I just want a answer its tough livein with this over my head. Umm im alergic to seafood and nuts so would takeing the omega 3 oiils cause a break out? And yesterday was my first day off the gelanique. I noticed that i had the urge to go all the time and I was going i think i went close to 12 times yersterday and each trip to the athroom lasted at least 25 seconds with good stream and the urine was crystal clear.Thanks for the help karen i hope we can keep in touch,
  • Okay guys listen to this and tell me what i should do. Cause this makes no sense to me.About a month and ahalf ago I counldt COULD NOT pee but still had the urge to go.Now after all the differnt pills. All i have is the urge to pee and now I can go. Is there any explanation for this.I went from not peeing to peeing uncontrollably.
  • Guess theres not much advice left. As of friday i was prescribed vesicare. To help with my over active bladder. i also had my blood sugar tested and after a 12 hour fast it was 83. Then I had a breakfast consisting of a bagel, eggs, and a cup of coffe. Then took another sugar test and was 91. The vesicare doesnt seem to be helping at all. Ive been takeing it for 3 days now. Can someone please give me a phone number or a doctor or someone to help cope with this. Im starting to think im loseing my mind over this.
  • Any advice??
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement