Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Undiagnosed symptoms seriously effecting school

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: mferrie
  • March 20, 2010
  • 10:25 AM

I am a 22 year old female in school full time and work part time, I am generally healthy but do take Yasmin to help with severe PMS.

In October of 2009 I had a kidney infection in which I had an allergic reaction to three different types of antibiotics. I eventually started feeling better but have remained extremely fatigued since then. I went back to the doctor several times but my blood work and urine analysis kept coming up clean. I was then told that I'm tired because of stress and because I have low blood pressure.

However even when I'm not busy or stressed out I'm constantly tired and sometimes need up to 12 hours of sleep just so I can get out of bed. Even if I do get 8 hours of sleep I will wake up in the morning feeling very dizzy and light headed, on a few occasions I have even thrown up. This fatigue has lasted me a few months and things have gotten worse.

About two weeks ago, I started having back and abdominal pain, mostly on my right side and sharp quick pains in my legs, I also began getting splitting headaches in which the only relief I could get would be from sleep. After having a couple drinks on Friday I woke up Saturday morning vomiting all day, (this is not normal for me, as I can usually have a few drinks and be completely fine in the morning) with severe back and abdominal pain to the point where I couldn't stand up. I went to the hospital the next day and they did a urine test and found white blood cells in my urine but said that it didn't mean anything significant and sent me home with some antibiotics for a bladder infection. The antibiotics are helping a little bit, but I still have back pain and am extremely fatigued, it has been four days since I started taking them.

I went to a different doctor earlier this week after the hospital and she found that I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck, which are painless and I am slightly swollen in the abdomen. I then went for an abdominal ultrasound but the results came back normal. I am still waiting for the results of the blood work.

I generally feel unhealthy and know that there's something wrong but even though I've been to many doctors and had several tests done, no one can tell me what's wrong with me. I am in my final year of school and my health has gone so downhill it is severely effecting my schoolwork and I don't know what to do - university profs are generally unsympathetic when you don't know what's wrong with you.

Any ideas/help would be phenomenal! thank you

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement