Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Addicted to everytthing.

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: dogninja
  • February 26, 2010
  • 00:04 PM

Hi all,
Another problem I have is that I seem to get addicted to many things that most people would not think of.
For example

0) I initially became addicted to alcohol by drinking 1 pint of moderate strength beer every other day - this is well below the govenments allowance!!

1) Walking, If i dont walk for at least 20 minutes a day I feel groggy and irritable

2) Water, If I dont have a shower I feel as if I am in physical drug withdrawal (and in know what that is like as i have exp with nicotine, alcohol and prozac)

3) "Bombay bad boy" pot noodles
More generally , spicy food, If I dont have one of these every other day I also feel as if i have gone into substance withdrawal.

OK thanks, by the way i only started noticing these problems after i went through an alcoholic phase 10 years ago, i wrote another post about that.

Everything seems to effect me to an extreme extent.
For example I take 4mg of prozac every day and that really has a big effect on me.
However it is usually recomended to start on 10 or 20mg of prozac.
If I took 20mg of prozac i would go totally wacky.

I would just like to get to the root cause of these problems.

I would just like to know what people make of this. Do you have trouble believing what ive said? Do you just think im mad? Or have you ever felt anything similar?
Just in case you are wondering, I am not making this up and it isnt meant to be a joke.

Thanks,
Dogninja

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement