Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Nausea and Urinary Issues

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: hobbitatheart
  • February 13, 2010
  • 05:41 PM

I'm a 24 year old white female, smoker, relatively active and average weight. I have bipolar disorder and a history of insomnia, chronic constipation, acid reflux and hemorrhoids. I also have a bad back from a car accident in 2004. About three months ago I began experiencing bouts of nausea and excessive gas I believed to be due to acid reflux and lactose intolerance, but changing my diet has only seemed to help marginally. I also have had more pain and bleeding than usual during my periods (and not sexually active at that time). In January I began experiencing urination urgency, frequency, pain and cloudiness I have experienced with prior UTIs. I had one occasion of blood in my urine and then severe cramping in my lower back on the left side, and then abdominal pain. I went to the doctor, my urine test was negative for a UTI or kidney infection. I'd recently had a new sexual partner, so I was tested for pregnancy, STIs, yeast infection, all negative. She prescribed birth control to help with my menstruation symptoms. She thought I had an ovarian cyst, but an ultrasound showed nothing abnormal. She then gave up and told me to go to a different doctor. I have no medical insurance, so I'm reluctant to do this if they're not going to be able to tell me what's wrong.

In addition to these symptoms, I'm also experiencing fatigue, general aches, and a very mild fever. I don't even think it counts as a fever, but I've always run between 97.6 and 98.6 (usually on the low side) but for the past two weeks I've been running consistently between 99 and 100.6. I feel cold during the day but wake up in the middle of the night feeling hot. I have a bit of a smoker's cough (especially in cold winter air) and when I cough I experience slight urine incontinence and nausea, occasionally with dry retching that produces only clear phlegm, and then it feels like I have a hard time catching my breath. The pain in my back is a dull almost menstrual ache but the abdominal pain is sharp and periodic, all on the left side, with a sense of fullness or bloating. My appetite is off, I experience sudden pangs of hunger followed by nausea which occurs whether I eat or not. I took a second pregnancy test this week just to be certain (again, negative) and I noticed white and red particles in my urine.

I'm getting very frustrated because I feel really sick but I'm being told that it's stress and it's all in my mind. I'm bipolar and know the condition well. I know the fatigue could be from depression and the breathing difficulties could be from an anxiety attack, but I have a hard time believing anxiety is causing particles in my urine or causing me to wake up in the middle of the night with abdominal pain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• This sounds like Copper toxicity to me. Copper toxicity refers to the consequences of an excess of copper in the body. Copper toxicity can occur from eating acid food that has been cooked in un-coated copper cookware, or from exposure to excess copper in drinking water or other environmental sources. Symptoms of copper poisoning are very similar to those produced by arsenic. Fatal cases are generally terminated by convulsions, palsy, and insensibility. The DRI Tolerable Upper Intake Level for adults of dietary copper from all sources is 10 mg/day. In toxicity, copper can inhibit the enzyme dihydrophil hydratase, an enzyme involved in haemopoiesis and homeostasis. In cases of suspected copper poisoning, Ovalbumin is to be administered in either of its forms which can be most readily obtained, as milk or whites of eggs. Vinegar should not be given. The inflammatory symptoms are to be treated on general principles, and so are the nervous. When acidic foods are cooked in unlined copper cookware, or in lined cookware where the lining has worn through, toxic amounts of copper can leech into the foods being cooked.
    aleasha89 34 Replies
    • February 14, 2010
    • 05:37 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement