Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Please Help Me, Sleeping Panic Problems.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: shanoova
  • February 10, 2010
  • 11:00 PM

Hello, i a18 year old Male and have Never really had any sleeping problems till now, just recently I have started having alot of trouble Sleeping as when i start to actually fall asleep, I feel as though im falling through the bed and or getting spasms in my neck where i thrust my head forward, and it causes me to wake up very very scared and often in a complete panic attack. Now i would'nt mind this to to much if it Was not for the fact that i have'nt slept more then 7 hours in the past 3 days. I am oddly enough not very tired though, i know this isnt normal and would like some help as to what could possibly be wrong with me :eek: *side note, i have recently went to the hospital and had a good 9 stickers placed one me and they tested to see if my heart was alright, aparently its fine* so please anyone who can offer some suggestions or clarity to the being unable to sleep or atleast a idea as to what in the lords good name is going on with the whole extreme fear and panic situation would be just amazing. *ps, i find myself thinking about the apocolypse and god and demons and all that Much Much Much More all of a sudden Much different from my usual thoughts of "i wonder what ill cook for dinner" anyhow, thank you*

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• When falling asleep it can be common to experience what some doctors often call ‘Hypnogogic hallucinations’, (hypnopompic hallucinations are similar but experienced upon waking). These types of ‘hallucinations’ are perfectly normal. I experienced them quite often as an adolescent. Obviously you are not able to allow yourself to simply let them “play”, in which case I would suggest medication. Either diazepam 10-20mg or, if you can not find a doctor who will prescribe this, then you could try “Allersoothe”, also known as “Phenergan” 25mg. This is an antihistamine, and is often used to treat hay fever, but as a side effect (apart from giving you a slightly dry mouth), it will make one very sleepy, indeed it should help you sleep quite effectively. It will not deprive you of R.E.M. (neither will diazepam). (Do not drive for about 8 hours after taking either of the above medications)Sleep when young is very very important. Only now do some schools acknowledge that teenagers need about 10 hours sleep a day, and are accordingly starting the school day at 10:00 or 11:00 in the morning, as opposed to 9:00 am. Good luck and sleep well. Yours, “Dr Feelwell”.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 11, 2010
    • 00:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello, i a18 year old Male and have Never really had any sleeping problems till now, just recently I have started having alot of trouble Sleeping as when i start to actually fall asleep, I feel as though im falling through the bed and or getting spasms in my neck where i thrust my head forward, and it causes me to wake up very very scared and often in a complete panic attack. Now i would'nt mind this to to much if it Was not for the fact that i have'nt slept more then 7 hours in the past 3 days. I am oddly enough not very tired though, i know this isnt normal and would like some help as to what could possibly be wrong with me :eek: *side note, i have recently went to the hospital and had a good 9 stickers placed one me and they tested to see if my heart was alright, aparently its fine* so please anyone who can offer some suggestions or clarity to the being unable to sleep or atleast a idea as to what in the lords good name is going on with the whole extreme fear and panic situation would be just amazing. *ps, i find myself thinking about the apocolypse and god and demons and all that Much Much Much More all of a sudden Much different from my usual thoughts of "i wonder what ill cook for dinner" anyhow, thank you* When falling asleep it can be common to experience what some doctors often call ‘Hypnogogic hallucinations’, (hypnopompic hallucinations are similar but experienced upon waking). These types of ‘hallucinations’ are perfectly normal. I experienced them quite often as an adolescent. Obviously you are not able to allow yourself to simply let them “play”, in which case I would suggest medication. Either diazepam 10-20mg or, if you can not find a doctor who will prescribe this, then you could try “Allersoothe”, also known as “Phenergan” 25mg. This is an antihistamine, and is often used to treat hay fever, but as a side effect (apart from giving you a slightly dry mouth), it will make one very sleepy, indeed it should help you sleep quite effectively. It will not deprive you of R.E.M. (neither will diazepam). (Do not drive for about 8 hours after taking either of the above medications)Sleep when young is very very important. Only now do some schools acknowledge that teenagers need about 10 hours sleep a day, and are accordingly starting the school day at 10:00 or 11:00 in the morning, as opposed to 9:00 am. Good luck and sleep well. Yours, “Dr Feelwell”.
    Dr Feelwell 1 Replies
    • February 11, 2010
    • 00:22 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello, i a18 year old Male and have Never really had any sleeping problems till now, just recently I have started having alot of trouble Sleeping as when i start to actually fall asleep, I feel as though im falling through the bed and or getting spasms in my neck where i thrust my head forward, and it causes me to wake up very very scared and often in a complete panic attack. Now i would'nt mind this to to much if it Was not for the fact that i have'nt slept more then 7 hours in the past 3 days. I am oddly enough not very tired though, i know this isnt normal and would like some help as to what could possibly be wrong with me :eek: *side note, i have recently went to the hospital and had a good 9 stickers placed one me and they tested to see if my heart was alright, aparently its fine* so please anyone who can offer some suggestions or clarity to the being unable to sleep or atleast a idea as to what in the lords good name is going on with the whole extreme fear and panic situation would be just amazing. *ps, i find myself thinking about the apocolypse and god and demons and all that Much Much Much More all of a sudden Much different from my usual thoughts of "i wonder what ill cook for dinner" anyhow, thank you*I have experienced this on and off for the last 20 years or so. Many of my family also experience it at times. However if we experience the same thing, then my explaination to you is not of a medical nature as such. What is an email address I can discuss this with you further?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 11, 2010
    • 09:02 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have experienced this on and off for the last 20 years or so. Many of my family also experience it at times. However if we experience the same thing, then my explaination to you is not of a medical nature as such. What is an email address I can discuss this with you further?hello, i am not the original poster but i am having very similar issues, i had a panic attack due to smoking weed one time and it has caused me to hav insomnia often as i go to bed, it comes off and on but because i think about it before i go to bed it generally gets me shaky before heading to bed and i do also think about horrible things as i am about to sleep and i do get a nervous tention which shocks me up from brink of sleeping. I dnt want to take medication to fall asleep as its not a long term solution, i would appreciate any help you can provide me, non medication would be sweet. my email is a_shide44@HOTMAIL.COM
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 1, 2010
    • 09:14 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement