Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Facial "odd" feelings

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 7, 2007
  • 00:41 AM

What could be causing me to feel as if I have perspiration on my face when there isn't any?

Lately I have a sensation that water is slowly trickling down the left side of my face. I bet I reach up to wipe perspiration a hundred times a day only there's nothing there. My face feels wet but it's not.

There's also an intermittent numbness also on this side of my face. It's not always there with the sweating sensation, but I feel it this evening from my left cheekbone down to my neck.

Any clues? I don't know what kind of doctor to even go to for something like this, if indeed I need a doctor.

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Damaged nerve endings? Did you ever injure the side of your face? Do you clench your jaw, or grind your teeth at night?Anything that messes with the nerve perceptions will cause tingly type sensations. If it persists, you may want to talk to your GP about it.--Sarahdeadlysauce@aim.com
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 7, 2007
    • 00:48 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks. I might also add, I've also been having trouble with dropping things, running into things, tripping over things. I've been forgetting people's names really easily too.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 7, 2007
    • 08:29 PM
    Flag this Response
  • No facial injuries as far as I know. The only health problem I have worth mentioning is that my blood sugar is teetering on the borderline...not diabetic but having to work at it.Would that have anything to do with it?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 16, 2007
    • 10:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • No facial injuries as far as I know. The only health problem I have worth mentioning is that my blood sugar is teetering on the borderline...not diabetic but having to work at it.Would that have anything to do with it?You could be insulin resistant - pre-diabetes, which can result in early neuropathy - thus frying the nerve endings - hence the weird sensations. I have it and my body constantly buzzes & skin "creeps". It also feels wet sometimes when it's not. Whatever you do - never take Cymbalta for neuropathy - you cannot easily get of the stuff if you need to. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 19, 2010
    • 07:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • In 1983 I had a surgical procedure to remove part of my RH parotid gland. For years the facial nerves have been regenerating and 27 years later what was one entirely numb cheek now has a numb area 2" wide from the base of my ear to mid cheek. For the past 3 - 4 weeks it has been feeling wet. There is no doubt that the wet feeling is directly attributable to either the nerve regeneration or to the remaining lack of feeling because the area is quite definable. Sometimes fingertip touch feels a little cool/damp but not wet. HTH. Judy.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement